who should be held acountable? footsoldiers or leaders ?

by The Dragon 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

or trying to play follower when called out.

Classic defense...tired too I might add.

• heathen
    heathen

I think leadership should be responsible and the WTBTS does at least owe an apology in print for their mistakes and blaming the R&F for creating a stir caused by the belief in the end at certain times such as 1975 .I'm sure there's plenty more they need to apologize for but I wouldn't hold my breath on that .They simply lack the humility and to show humility will mean they might lose control .That's really what they want. I don't even know how they can say that God is editor of the publishing corporation when they themselves are to blame for misinformation , they do admit they are imperfect men but that they don't owe any apologies? or an asking for forgiveness ? The R&F simply get warned about accusing them and not trusting their every motive .

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

When new better information surfaces...they will have no choice but to follow..or look real stupid.

A bad idea and those who follow it...will become followers to the one with superior knowledge or facts.

guesses follow facts..plain and simple.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i believe that leaders have heavier karma debt than foot soldiers. but ultimately, everyone is accountable for the situation. and this is because i believe that in any religious setting (church, government, media, corporations) all are victims. some are more victim than others, and they are usually the foot soldiers.

but with knowledge of potential, comes responsibility, even if you are just a foot soldier. this i believe, i think. heh.

tetra

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

Who is going to get it the worst? Leaders who play double agent to get what they want at the people who trust in them's expense? Or someone who follows the example and makes many mistakes that bring harm to themselves?

I don't believe God needs to punish anyone...we do it to ourselves by disobeying the rules we have in place to protect us..all He has to do is not intervene and save us from our own ways.

Pretty soon the leadership is heading for a disaster by their deeds..and quite possibly everyone is going to suffer and possibly die from the mistakes they have made.

• heathen
    heathen

Pretty soon the leadership is heading for a disaster by their deeds..and quite possibly everyone is going to suffer and possibly die from the mistakes they have made.

Yah I think jesus said ,"the blind will lead the blind and together they fall into the pit". No doubt the leadership has caused alot of suffering with it's petty rules and shunning and the blood policy. Since when is it the church responisibility to tell people what kind of medical care they can have? or for that matter that they can't talk to family that are df'd but can talk to apostate family that were never in ?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

innocent people are already dying because of mistakes made by the leadership. it's not a future-tense thing.

I don't believe God needs to punish anyone...

i don't believe in God.

i would like to say the leadership gets it worse, but i cannot say for sure. i don't know how anyone could presume to know in light of the seeming evidence on such things. it seems bad people get away with bad things, and good people suffer. it may not be that way in the end, but how can i really say? i can't.

tetra

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I was looking for an English translation of La Boétie's famous essay on willful slavery and came across this article which I thought you might enjoy: http://www.mind-trek.com/reports/tl07a.htm

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Thank you for those interesting links, Narkissos. Made me think of a recent speech by Bill Moyers at the National Conference for Media Reform. http://www.freepress.net/news/8120

~Merry

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

Awesome information! Thank you Nark!

I am starting to see that more and more every day too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit