Scared....

by coolcat 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• coolcat
    coolcat

Hello all. I just joined the site. Does anyone know of a hotline or a phone number I can call to talk to someone about how to leave the truth? Thanks..

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Hi coolcat! Welcome!

Look around this site... there is a ton of information on just about any JW-related subject.

Hope to hear more of your story when you're ready!

GGG

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

welcome coolcat

stick around and tell us more bout your situation some on here have very sound advice.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

a phone number would only help if we had some idea where you live - like a country or perhaps a smaller area

This site has mostly JWs who have left and they are pretty good at helping people so

Welcome

• coolcat
    coolcat

Thank you going going gone.. :) I started to tell more but started to tear up .. I'm 29 and my entire fam is in the truth. I have 2 siblings that are pioneers, my mom is one and my dad is a min servant. I'm still going thru the motions of meetings to keep them happy but in my heart I just want to be free. As I have gotten older I have fallen out of the spell of the society but to this day can't speak that to my family. I married an unbeliever 3 yrs ago and because of the pressures of trying to make everyone happy I ended up severly depressed and suicidal and eventually was divorced and of course my family welcomed me back in w/ open arms and now had even more reason to say that I would never find happiness without jah. I'm scared of being left all alone and I love my family so much and even though I know it is wrong to turn your back on your family for any reason in my heart I know why they would and I don't want to break their hearts like I said I am so close to all of them... people outside do not realize how hard it is. They just see it as any religion and say 'oh your parents will be upset at first but they will come around' and you and I both know that isn't true.. to my parents my leaving the truth says that I must not appreciate our creator or even love them because how could I know the truth and walk away from the chance of living in paradise w/ them....thing is, I have never felt the zeal and joy they do. The only reason I am baptized is because of a period of inactivity my parents went thru and they weren't acting like themselves ,they were so unhappy and I was in junior high so I started going back to meetings all by myself and got baptized to encourage them to get back and be happy again.. and because I had essentially given up on the chance of ever having any kind of life outside of the organization so I thought maybe I was destined to be a witness even though in my heart I don't 100% believe what I have been taught all my life. I have a worldly best friend who is always trying to encourage me to get out and live my own life but so far I just haven't had the courage and I put my family thru so much w/ my marrying a worldly man and saw so many tears and I don't know if I can face that again but I don't want to feel so miserable and 'in prison' the rest of my life either.. I am more determined then ever to leave. I haven't looked at all the boards yet but they have reprinted the revelation book and it has several pages worth of changes to it and everyone is acting like it is so exciting and the end must surely be near if we are going over it again and after the latest brochure work . I just can't figure out how they never ever seem to question that the literature has to have changes in it in the first place? I do not want to go to the bookstudy and study the revised book..who would? I'm sorry for the mini novel...

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Welcome coolcat. You are in the right place already.

• coolcat
    coolcat

Thank you for the welcomes and warm reception..

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

coolcat-----------((((((((( HUGS ))))))))) You're doing well by coming here. None of us can give you any magic answers, but we can sympathize--and even empathize. And rest assured, WE CARE!!! Share whatever you need to here. You are encouraging to us as well....

• bebu
    bebu

I think you have come to a very helpful site. This is not a help line, but for a lot of people it is a group session of sorts (but doesn't replace therapy if you need it, I hasten to add!), because it is such a relief to find that you are NOT the only one who is going thru the struggle of leaving.

A big welcome to the board. Take a look at the "Best of" section in the drop down menu, and you'll find a lot of great resources. You may find ways to help initiate changes within your own family, who knows? It has happened, and it's very exciting when it does.

bebu

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

coolcat, miss meetings now and then and service. Little by little just fade out. They will think you are spiritually week. If they call, tell them it's not a good time. If you have caller ID, don't answer. They will finally leave you alone. I haven't been to a meeting in about 3 years. The last time they called me I told them I wasn't bothering anyone and I didn't want to be bothered. I am not DF. I still see my kids so if you have family just fade.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit