sorry just fuming right now

by betteroffdead 12 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Welcome betteroffdead. Glad you could vent on the forum.
    I'm just learning how to live a good life so I can piss 'them' off!

Is your nickname really how you feel or does it mean something else?

Pete

• Scully
    Scully

One lesson I had to learn was this: STOP being concerned about what other people think of you.

Another lesson I had to learn was: The only person you can control is YOU. Don't try to change people who don't want to change. Change the way you interact with them. It may mean that you have to STOP interacting with them to preserve your peace of mind - that's ok.

Third: What goes around comes around. (aka Karma's a b*tch.)

I think you need to take a few steps back, take some deep breaths and have a heart to heart with your girlfriend/wife and come to some kind of pact as to how you are going to proceed with interactions with her out of control sister. Maybe you two can agree that her sister is persona non grata in your home, due to the amount of drama that she drags with her everywhere she goes. Maybe you two can agree that association with her sister will be severely curtailed due to the toxic nature of her behaviour to preserve sanity and peace in your relationship.

Personally, if you don't want anything to do with the JWs and neither does your girlfriend/wife, then I would just let the sister's behaviour catch up with her on its own, without any interference from you and/or your girlfriend/wife. Going to the Elders™ puts them in a position whereby they perceive they are in authority over you, and they will continue to treat you as though you have to answer to them. Why go there if you are not interested in remaining a JW?

Just my

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

One thing touted here is that elders really don't have any power. They require 2 witnesses and then a judicial committee and the matter must be handled by the congregation the offender is assigned to.

As much elder bashing that goes on here, remember that elders are just ordinary people like you. Most don't really get excited by tracking down someone they don't know to enforce bible principles. Since there's sex involved, some of the older ones might want to talk to her to get their kicks, but honestly I can't see it happening.

She's not going to meetings so she's most likely inactive. They have the information your girlfriend forwarded them so if they get motivated to clean off their records they might try talking to her. But no, they really have no obligation to do anything.

If this means alot to you, you could write to your CO and say that you are being stumbled by the apparent lack of action on this sister's views. But if you are not already "spiritually strong" they will most likely chalk it up to you wanting revenge and not be part of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit