Did you ever vote NAY?

by Fleshybirdfodder 14 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I voted against the building of a new hall - 120:1 I believe. After that, they always hated to call on me in those 'discussions' as I would voice my opines fairly freely.

Now I get why they would not ever 'appoint me by Holy Spirit' as Pharisee Elder!!!

Day late and Dollar short - that's me!

Jeff

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

You betcha I did, especially over paying for the CO visits, when asked why I told them no one pays my expenses and I don't think we should be paying his. If I have no money I can't go out, so if he needs money get a job thats what I always told the, Even told the CO that once.

• Scully
    Scully

Back about 20 years ago there was a congregation in Nova Scotia where a motion was put forth to commit about $30,000 of money they didn't have to renovate the Kingdom Hall, utilizing the Kingdom Hall Building Fund.

Many JWs were opposed to the renovations, including some of the Elders™. The vote was put to the congregation and it passed with only a 3-vote margin.

You can read my anonymous protest letter here.

• daystar
    daystar

I never heard a "nay".

Pretty silly to pretend to be democratic when the culture is programmed to never voice difference of opinion.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Never saw someone vote Nay....

It would have been nice for a change, but we were quite the perfect little bunch of sheeps in my congregation. The WT's wet dream in fact. We were often congratulated for how obedient we were as a group.

Eveybody put up their hands when it was time to agree, and I remember clearly when they asked if someone was opposed, everyone were just looking around, a small disbeleiving smile on their lips, everyone thinking...." But....who could ever be opposed".

Blondie----What's that about limitations to a sister's right to vote???Everyone voted at my all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit