Here we go again . . . The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

by cruzanheart 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I got an email with an audio attachment (haven't listened to it) that's being passed around the Witness community. Here's the written part of it anyway:

I just wanted to let you know about an important piece of information I heard first hand, this morning (actually on a recording of a Bethel representative giving a talk at the 2007 Special Day Assembly in Houston, TX). *This same message was presented last weekend at a San Diego Special Day Assembly*. The brother specifically said (and repeated, for emphasis) that the Faithful and Discreet Slave has decided that they have FULFILLED the scripture at Matthew 24:14! There are only 3 countries that do not have Witnesses living in the vicinity (North Korea, Somalia, Afghanistan). These 3 countries "bears community responsibility" for their inhabitants. These 3 countries have been preached to and currently have literature, though no witnesses live there (because Jehovah will no longer send us to places where our lives would be in danger).

The brother also said the GB is preparing for Jehovah to "put into their (governmental rulers)hearts" his purpose, then the great tribulation will INSTANTLY be upon us. He also said we have VERY LITTLE time to get our affairs in order, before we (the great crowd and the rest of mankind) are "locked into" judgement.

Well, I guess I'd better go out and max out my credit cards . . .

Nina

• Green Chille
    Green Chille
    He also said we have VERY LITTLE time to get our affairs in order, before we (the great crowd and the rest of mankind) are "locked into" judgement.

AFFAIRS? Does that mean I have to give up my lovers?

• Emma
    Emma
    "locked into" judgement

What exactly does this mean? It's new to me...

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I think that means that if we don't hotfoot it back to meetings IMMEDIATELY, then they won't let us in the Kingdom Hall no matter how much we beg and plead. The Witnesses will stop preaching and hunker down for the great trib.

For those of you with family still in, be prepared for a barrage of pleading and threats to get your butts back to the KH before it's too late. I think this tactic, which has worked so well in the past, is designed to frighten people into suspending their logical minds and just doing what they're told. How long will that work this time?

Nina

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

"Locked into Judgement" could refer to the Matthew scriptures that talk about the 10 virgins who ran out of lamp oil. When they returned with filled lamps, the groom came and the virgins was locked out.

Could us apostates be locked out? I hope so!

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I think this "chicken little" e-mail has been making the rounds for quite awhile now. perhaps, a list should be made of all the JWs who's continually perpetuating this nonsense so that they can be reminded of it annually for the next 20 years......or until the WT finds a way to blame them all for their errored expectations.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

There is already a similar thread going on this subject, but admittedly without the extra text (thanks for the extra info).

Dave

• Zico
    Zico

I find it hard to believe that Afghanistan is the only country in the Middle East without a Witness. What about Iraq and Iran?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yes, I just noticed it! Guess it really is making the rounds!

Nina

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Nina,

Greetings to you and yours! Many of us have already said this: why are so many of us inactive ones TOTALLY ignored - through CO visits, through tract campaigns intended to reactivate such ones in service, through WT articles on loving elders who WILL HELP the lost sheep.............? I won't go back, but I'd like the option of saying, "I really appreciate your concern, but it's too late. I've converted to Christianity!

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit