NEED YOUR HELP TO SAVE SEXTUPLETS.....WRITE THE CANADA MEDIA

by skeeter1 35 Replies latest watchtower medical

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

It was a seperate case that fortunately had better results. The girl lived and is now cancer free. Some other newspapers carried the full story. But, of course, the WTS is only going to mention it's one seeming success, rather than all it's failures...

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Canada.com
    BC will step in if sextuplets at risk
    National Post, Canada - 2 hours ago
    While the parents of the six babies have remained anonymous in the midst of increasing public scrutiny, they have acknowledged they are Jehovah's Witnesses. ...
    Jehovah's issue statement on care of sextupletsCTV.ca
    Religion, rights could clash in multiple birth caseGlobe and Mail
    all 122 news articles »

BC would seek custody if sextuplets need blood
    Edmonton Journal (subscription), Canada - 1 hour ago
    While the parents of the six babies have remained anonymous in the midst of increasing public scrutiny, they have acknowledged they are Jehovah's Witnesses. ...

BC would step in if babies need blood
    Canada.com, Canada - 1 hour ago
    Victoria Times Colonist, Canada - 1 hour ago
    BC will step in if sextuplets at risk
    National Post, Canada - 2 hours ago
    StarPhoenix, Canada - 3 hours ago
  • Sad emo
    Sad emo
    He says the choice of treatment remains a private matter between the parents and the medical team. "It is important for the media and others to avoid making stereotypical assumptions regarding Jehovah's Witnesses," said Ruge.

Talk about passing the buck - in the public eye at least....

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Hospital officials have said transfusions are routine for premature infants

I am curious--wonder if the parents used fertility drugs & therefore knew they were increasing the chance of having multiple births, which carry with them more risks than single births.

If you don't keep your brakes in good working order and kill someone in an accident because of it, you're deemed bloodguilty by the elders and dfd, right? I wonder if they view taking avoidable medical risks in the same way if they result in blood being "forced". (I'm putting that in quotes b/c I think some jws don't care if the court orders blood when it's necessary; it takes the blame off of them & still saves a life.)

I was told I'd be bloodguilty if I didn't take every single precaution to avoid bleeds, if it later resulted in transfusions being mandated.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I posted this on the other thread, so i thought i would put it here too, im sure its in one of danny's links

The Province wants to know what we think about the blood issue! I emailed them.

But clarifications over the years have only made things more confusing for many followers. In 2000, the official Watchtower church magazine stated that due to ambiguity in the Bible, followers may now take certain components of blood for medical treatment. While the ban on blood transfusion remains, the new directive opened the door for use of compounds such as hemoglobin obtained from fractioning red blood cells.

But a schism within the tightly disciplined sect has led some followers to go as far as campaigning for a halt to the blood ban.

[email protected]

- - -

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Tell us by e-mail at [email protected] or by fax to 604-605-2223. Please include your name and address.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

THIS IS BIG NEWS!!!!!! As Ms. Anderson said, it's what we do with our knowledge that makes a change.

Our version of the "Truth" is getting out there! Not only can we write and save 6 little babies, we can help change the witless "no blood" doctrine that puts the flock at grave risk. Perhaps some of the flock will read this, and ask questions.

Skeeter

• vitty
    vitty

Gill this is part of the story I think you read

2005, the B.C. Supreme Court ordered a Jehovah's Witness teenager to undergo blood transfusions as part of her treatment for bone cancer.

The court said that because the girl, then 14, could not refuse transfusions if doctors deemed them medically necessary because she was a minor.

She fled to Ontario where the provincial court of appeal set aside lower court rulings that gave B.C.'s child protection agency interim custody.

The girl, who was eventually treated at New York hospital that specializes in "blood avoidance" care, is now cancer-free.

So , no I dont think it was Bethany

• sf
    sf

Here is ONE email reply from CNN/ Anderson Cooper's program ( I find it a positive response because they ADMIT it is an auto-reply but to be assured it was read ):

Thanks for your email. Here’s our problem. We want you to know that we really do read every single email you viewers send us. No, honestly. But reading your email is one thing, and composing individual answers to each one is another. That would be a full-time enterprise. In which case, there’d be no AC 360. In which case, there’d be no emails. You see where we’re headed.

Anyway, the best we can do is to acknowledge that we have indeed received and will read your message, and this little note is to let you know that. It’s automatic, yes; fails to take into account whether you’ve patted us on the back or slapped us across the face; does not differentiate between praise, correction, fury, proposals of marriage, or invitations to get lost. But rest assured we’ll know that part when we read it!

And here's a few other links to all-things-CNN you might want to check out.

Would you like additional information on our anchors?
      Please visit our anchor bio section athttp://www.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/

Would you like to review transcripts of previous shows?
      Please visit our transcript athttp://www.cnn.com/transcripts

Do you need information on the show schedules?
      Please visit us athttp://www.cnn.com/programs

Are you looking to purchase a videotape of one of the shows?
      You may order a video and/or transcript of a program or segment from any of the following sources:Multivision can provide tapes or transcripts of CNN for the past year, and for CNNI, CNNfn or Headline News for the past two months. Call or write at ( 800-560-0111 ) ( 925-472-8880 ),http://www.multivisioninc.com/

Video Monitoring Service can provide tapes or transcripts of CNN, CNNl, CNNfn, or Headline News for the previous 2 months. Call or write them at ( 877-698-8007 ) ( 212-736-2010 ),http://www.vidmon.com

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Hospital ensures sextuplet family is safe from prying eyes
    Vancouver Sun (subscription), Canada - 2 hours ago
    Mark Ruge, a Jehovah's Witnesses spokesman, says that while they place a high spiritual value on prayer, faith and the Bible [email protected]reporter contact

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    High rank! More bad PR on blood Danny is first to nail em at forum with rebuttal below.Register and join in too. Family's religion has nothing to do with birth story
    Salem Statesman Journal, OR - 1 hour ago
    To quote from the article, which referred to a comment from the hospital's president, "She said the parents, who are Jehovah's Witnesses, are 'feeling ...
    Family's religion has nothing to do with birth story
    Statesman Journal, OR - 1 hour ago
    To quote from the article, which referred to a comment from the hospital's president, "She said the parents, who are Jehovah's Witnesses, are 'feeling ...
    Witness's refusal of transfusion costs his life, splits his family
    Montreal Gazette, Canada - 1 hour ago
    A young Jehovah's Witness's decision to refuse a blood transfusion - which eventually led to his death - has split his family along religious lines. ...
    Witness's refusal of transfusion costs his life, splits his family
    Montreal Gazette (subscription), Canada - 2 hours ago
    A young Jehovah's Witness's decision to refuse a blood transfusion - which eventually led to his death - has split his family along religious lines. ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit