Do you sense the need to defeat or destroy the Watchtower lessening? I do.

by nicolaou 38 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Despite all the shunning crap - or perhaps because of it - I feel less inclined to take positive action against the Watchtower these days. Perhaps it's just a temporary malaise or maybe it's that the organisation I looked up to for so long now seems small, petty and trivial and frankly I just don't want to waste my time and energy on it.

What do you think.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Perhaps it's just a temporary malaise or maybe it's that the organisation I looked up to for so long now seems small, petty and trivial and frankly I just don't want to waste my time and energy on it.

I guess for some people, it could be a grudge that will never go away. For others like myself, when you still have your entire family involved in it, those nasty odors will always be around. I would rather do *something* about it rather than kick back and take it up the @ss from my relatives. If they bring something up, they started it. They better be prepared for the whirlwind.

• carla
    carla

I don't have to worry about shunning, and hope all the jw's in town do shun me. As for wanting to bring down the tower, yep, some days I truly want to do everything in my power to do so. What it has done to so many and my family as well. Other days I think the hell with it all I just don't give a crap anymore. But then some new thing crops up or someone I know has been contacted by jw's and I know I must do something, say something to keep them out of this cult. Some days you know there is nothing you can do really, so you try to do something tangible to make a small difference. Even if it only eases your own mind.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Silent Lambs and others are in the midst of legal actions that will take time to resolve. As to the Watchtower ever being defeated or destroyed, I don't think that this will happen for years to come. However , I know that in time they will have to pay big time financially and some jail time for some in connection with the Blood Issue, wrongful death and the child abuse cases yet pending.

Blueblades

• Scully
    Scully

I see this shift as a positive step in moving on with your life, nic.

Remember the saying: The opposite of love is not hate, but indifference. When you hate something that you once loved, it still has the capacity to provoke a reaction from you. When you no longer care, it is a sign that you have disengaged physically, mentally and emotionally.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Look at me, I'm growing!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am waiting for Randy or Danny to answer this one. What we need is
    Don Quiote to tackle that Windmill.

• Scully
    Scully
    What we need is Don Quiote to tackle that Windmill.

ummmmm.... Don Quixote was insane, remember?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Don Quixote was insane, remember

Have you really looked at Danny's avitar?
    Have you seen Randy's videos outside the WT HQ?

Do you really understand Don Quixote (Thanks for the spelling correction)?

I don't really understand them, but I love their passion.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

While I understand and support the decision of any individual to "move on," I must also point out that today there are more than six million caught in the Watchtower snare. Every one of these people has a right to truth. So the work will go on, but we will always salute our fellow travelers and especially those who preceeded us up this mountain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit