Question

by Shazard 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Shazard
    Shazard

Hey... Ex-Witnesses. When I read all your DF stories, I do not notice one thing which seems strange. Why do you not counter-witness before you are DF and shunned. It looks excelent way to get real truth to "truth", while others does not shun you, but in Spirit you are allready not JW, you could counter-witness and plant seeds, coz you have the best reach of those inside.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Thats where the conditioning kicks in. As soon as you bring up your doubts about the organization, the whistle blowers will report you to the elders and they will have your a$$ in the back room before you can say 607. They have there control systems strongly in place, they have been doing this for over a 100 years they have it down to a science.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I think many of us have done that in some way. The more positive and discrete it is (like, focusing on Christian teachings of the NT instead of frontal attack on the WT specific teachings) the longer it can last. My last few months in the WT I did little more than reading and studying NT texts without WT literature with a number of persons, within the org and in dtd activity. At least when I was df'd it was not very difficult for this closer circle to figure out why.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

To answer your question Shazard, up until the internet I suspect most people were disfellowshipped for immorality instead of apostasy, in other words these people who were disfellowshipped back then still believed it to be the truth, and didnt speak out much because they still figured they would be reinstated. Nowadays many people are telling the Elders why they are leaving instead of just quietly accepting their punishment.

• Gill
    Gill

As it says 'somewhere', 'The Truth will make you Free!'

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I tried "counter witnesses" but no matter how delicate I was the red flag came up as soon as someone realized I was questioning the "All Mighty" governing body and then they refused to talk to me anymore. Lilly

• Gill
    Gill

Lovelylil - Just because they don't talk to you, doesn't mean you can't talk to them!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

If I was a JW nowadays and threatened with disfellowshipping and knew that i wasnt going back, you better believe I would tell them everything I discovered, and would tell it not only to the Edlers, but the whole congregation. I would go out with a bang.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Nowadays many people are telling the Elders why they are leaving instead of just quietly accepting their punishment.

If I was a JW nowadays and threatened with disfellowshipping and knew that i wasnt going back, you better believe I would tell them everything I discovered, and would tell it not only to the Edlers, but the whole congregation. I would go out with a bang.

Dave

Has anyone really ever done it that way around here?

• CD
    CD

I think the answer depends on whether or not a person has family or really close friends in the ORG.....

For me, I plant little seeds, without out rightly questioning the WTC ORG, b/c if I do that, the JW will shut down & not listen 2 anything else I say. I would not want 2 drag someone out of the ORG, b/c some ppl need that ORG/their hope 2 survive in this world. I would feel bad dragging someone away from their belief system & then them not being prepared to cope in this world with this org. I feel everyone has 2 leave on their own terms & when they are ready & not be force feed all the truths about that org & then not be ready 2 cope on their own.

CD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit