Is the watchtower in the red or planning for something ?

by 5go 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I always noticed that the GB and Bethel folks never "had" much, The heavies only took advantage of 'perks' like a nicer room, free plane tickets and green handshakes from the ever- adoring rank and file. For the amount of cash involved no one person seems to have ever made a big score. I guess to their credit may they have been "sincere" enough not to give in to criminal graft and corruption with the company funds.

Rutherford lived more like Al Capone....but those days ended with Knorr. I always had the sense that Knorr was a geek with power but never smart enough to really benefit from the potential. The GB and upper staff have walked past a gold mine. Follow the money and there is always a lawyer near the end of the trail.

~Hill

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Fascinating. I actually read the entire thread. Brilliant point, hillbilly.

• VM44
    VM44

"Rutherford lived more like Al Capone"....Yes, I never have understood how Rutherford avoided the taxes on the Beth Sarim house which was deeded "for his exclusive use".

The rank and file couldn't complain very much, the cover story of the house being for the use of "ancient worthies" took care of that, and also generated some good publicity in the San Diego newspapers and TIME magazine.

--VM44

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Speaking to Jourles point, I know for a fact that in New York City, English congregations have been merging all over the place. I have always felt that this was due in part to financial issues. Of course building KHs in NYC costs a lot more than other places.

SSPO-I see you happen to be in Iran! Well now I know why there are no JWs there! Just remember the "community responsibility"....hehehehe

tsof

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit