Help settle a debate. Internet relationships...

by esw1966 26 Replies latest jw friends

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Awesome post bikerchic.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Has is occurred to you to invite her to join you online here at JWD?

Cool. That's good advice. She would appreciate the invitation especially if you're both interested in xjw issues. It would draw you both together perhaps. Lotsa good advice on this thread actually.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    It is my opinion that developing relationships online like that can be dangerous. Who knows who this guy is. What are his intentions? Will he become a nuisance? I even feel that online relationships like that are negative in that they are not reality and they can rob you of life

How can he be a nuisance - so long as she isnt giving away personal information like her home address and telephone number - if she decides she doesnt want to chat online all she has to do is block his email address.

I think you are just worried about she wants to talk to someone other you. In my circumstances i chat to people on the internet because my partner is bored of listening and rather than inflict my chat on him, an unwilling victim, I'll air my views with internet buddies.

I think your reservation that it can rob of you of life is valid. And the fact he needs a reason to trun his computer on in the morning - well is frankly a bit pathetic and I wouldnt waste my time with someone who sounds that wet and lacking in motivation as what could I share with such a drip. It would as you say be a negative experience and I've had enough of those in real life not to seek them out on purpose on line.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    subjection

WTF??? She's a grown woman, isn't she?

• Scully
    Scully

This guy she is thinking of contacting... doesn't sound like "platonic" is the ultimate intention by the description he posted of what he is looking for. That's my gut feeling.

Secondly, perhaps due to the rarity of stay-at-home dads, I'm suspicious as to why he is a stay-at-home dad. He may truly want to have that role, but the fact that he's claiming to need a reason to get up in the morning and turn on the computer sounds like he isn't happy. Is he under house arrest? Is he unemployed and unmotivated to find a job?

Third, regarding your comment about "subjection", I have to echo LittleToe's sentiments:

WTF??? She's a grown woman, isn't she?

Maybe you two need to work on your relationship and grow some trust? Jealousy and trying to control your partner are not attractive qualities, imo.

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

Well, for goodness sake! If the internet is just filled with predators looking to pounce, than what are we all here, heh?

I've never read such a lot of bunk if my life. The internet is still filed with real people with real needs, looking for friends and kindred spirits.

Else, this place would not exist.

So if your lady wants to have a friendship with someone on line, it's not of your fricking business as far as I'm concerned. Let her alone. If you can't handle that, then you should not be engaged to the lady.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Maybe she's just a very sociable person. But I agree with Serendipity...better if she hangs out with female cyberpals. If she's considerate of her loved one's feelings, she won't press on,with this guy, out of consideration for your feelings. Because she cares about you, not because you're a man, and can pull that lame "headship" card out if all else fails to get your way! That said, if I were her, I'd have a REAL problem with a man using that headship bs on me! I certainly would not marry him!

I see possible incompatibility surfacing. She wants to be a free spirit with many friends, and you want to control her. You'll both have to compromise, or one will have to change a lot and find themself very unhappy later on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit