Moving again... What do you think of these places?

by Bryan 20 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

Washington............Toxic.......and your talking about Houston?

I almost move to Houston in 1979.........move to the Pacific N.W instead best thing I ever did.

• juni
    juni

When you have kids it does affect your decisions. Having a good school system is very important for him. And you don't want to keep moving around all of the time.

Juni

• Mulan
    Mulan

I also live in Washington State and it is beautiful here. The mountains take your breath away. I live West of the Cascade mountain range, but Eastern WA has it's own beauty.

I recommend it. The Tri Cities area is really hot in the summer though, if you don't mind that.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Mild weather in Eastern Washington? Not in the winter, compared to Texas (or even western Washington). You better double check the winter lows. It can get pretty cold there.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Washington State, much better than Washington DC. I thought you were referring to the DC Area. (Since there is a Bechtel in the DC Area). So, never mind then. But, best of luck to wherever you wind up moving to.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Thanks everyone!

EK: She has been asked to move to the D.C. (Frederick) office.The only problem is that it is so expensive. Housing is over 80% higher than here, Houston or Kenewick. She's have to get a 30% raise to have the same income in that area.

Chris and Nina: Yes we are still looking at Dallas!

Best everyone.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

We'll keep our fingers crossed! You know we live in a WONDERFUL school district, nice houses, not too expensive in Murphy, near your editor, etc., etc.

Nina

• Bryan
    Bryan

;-)

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am in Wa and have friends that moved to Kennewick/Richland and LOVE it there. Great place to raise a family. It isn't far from Washington State University in Pullman, which your kids could go to (or any WA state college) its a great school and in a really beautiful farm community. We have good colleges in WA, which is something to consider as your kids get to that age. You would be near Eastern Oregon, which is one of my favorite places in the world. I love all the history and oregon Trail stuff. The river is popular, you are not far from great vineyards and orchards. Spokane is a wonderful city, and you aren't far from Idaho which has great recreational opp. also. I would not hesitate to go there if it was a possibility.

I have spent time in Dallas and love it, but thats all I got. What an exciting adventure. I am jealous. I should have married a guy in the military back when they moved every 2 or 3 years. We have been here 10.5 now. UGH.

• Bryan
    Bryan

MJ... I suppose what I meant was mild for the area.

"The Chemnapum Indians were among the first to call Kennewick home. Translated, Kennewickmeans “Winter Haven,” for the tall grassy fields where they would pasture their horses."

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:ByYT2jbsL94J:www.visittri-cities.com/FileDisplay.cfm%3FFileID%3D1617+kennewick+means&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4

Bryan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit