I NEED YOUR IDEAS

by *jeremiah* 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

Oh, just splurge and buy the guy a used C of C book and wrap it up and leave it on his desk.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

I think for the time being, his not knowing you are behind the "letters" is a good idea, otherwise he will steer clear of you completely.

What about leaving a note with: "type in your search engine: watchtower research" ?

Why does the WT want very young children to baptize, being one of the most important decisions they'll ever make, yet says dating and marriage are only for the mature, older ones?

Why do Jehovah's Witnesses really take blood? If they are to pour the blood on the ground, how can they make the fractions used every day by JW's? And why can they use these fractions from stored blood, but can't donate blood for others use?

The Hebrew scriptures says "you are my witnesses" in Isaiah. The context is clearly speaking about the nation of Israel. Why do JW's take this verse out of context and apply it to themselves, when the Greek, NT, clearly tells us to be witnesses of Jesus in Acts 1:8?

A number of posters to this forum have given excellent questions to ask JW's. Here are the names and dates of posting. I think you can find them through the "member directory".

"Corvin" 25-Aug-04 entitled "Questions for Jehovah's Witnesses Regarding Doctrine"

"Lady Liberty" 13-Oct-06 entitled "Someone may benefit from this..regarding the Expos'es of the organization"

"Goldminer" 07-Sep-05 entitled "My list of 32 questions-Part B"

Hope some of this will help.

Peep

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Ask him one question, which was the one my boyfriend asked me that got my wheels turning.

"What would it take for you to no longer believe that you have the true religion?"

tall penguin

• Confession
    Confession

Little Bo Peep, I really liked your suggestions. Especially this one...

Why does the WT want very young children to baptize, being one of the most important decisions they'll ever make, yet says dating and marriage are only for the mature, older ones?

Tall Penguin, also a good one. Reminds me of thoughts that would run through my mind during the "awakening" process. Sometimes people would ask me, "So what if you came to believe that JWs didn't have The Truth? Would you leave them?" I think most JWs would run from this question--not even wanting to entertain the concept. But I used to say, "yes."

• belbab
    belbab

I agree with Narkissos that you should exercise caution even if you are leaving your job.
    I would add no comments to your interpretation of any Bible text.
    Here is my contribution:

QUESTION Amos 5:18

18 “‘Woe to those who are craving the day of Jehovah! What, then, will the day of Jehovah mean to YOU people? It will be darkness, and no light, 19 just as when a man flees because of the lion, and the bear actually meets him; and [as when] he went into the house and supported his hand against the wall, and the serpent bit him. 20 Will not the day of Jehovah be darkness, and not light; and will itnot have gloom, and not brightness? 21 I have hated, I have rejected YOUR festivals, and I shall not enjoy the smell of YOUR solemn assemblies. 22 But if YOU people offer up to me whole burnt offerings, even in YOUR gift offerings I shall find no pleasure, and on YOUR communion sacrifices of fatlings I shall not look. 23 Remove from me the turmoil of your songs; and the melodious sound of your stringed instruments may I not hear. 24 And let justice roll forth just like waters, and righteousness like a constantly flowing torrent.

Strong’s meaning of the word crave:
    desire, incline, covet, wait longingly, wish, sigh, want, be greedy, prefer

belbab

• Terry
    Terry

I ask myself what somebody might have said to me that would set me thinking outside the box when I was an ardent JW.

Frankly, I like the non-confrontational idea of an anonymous note for two reasons:

1.There is no ego investment in looking good on his part and having to instantly refute with a knee-jerk response.

2.The question can't be vaporized in a quick dismissal; it will sit on his back burner all day subconsciously.

But, what could be said of import that isn't an insulting, implied or over accusation?

This comes to mind.

"Is there even ONE history book, historian, encyclopedia or reference book you can lay hands on (not printed by Jehovah's Witnesses) that gives the date 607 B.C.E. as the fall of Jerusalem? If not--why???"

"Who is the mediator between God and man for those who aren't of the anointed? What scripture clearly says this?"

• What-A-Coincidence
  • *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Thanks everyone for your excellent suggestions. Keep them coming if you have anymore good ideas.

How about something regarding salvation?

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2)

• Confession
    Confession

Gosh, Jeremiah, I'm sorry if it appears I keep shooting down your ideas. But I don't know if that's such a hot one either. Lots of people show JWs that scripture. The JW reply? (James 2:20) "...faith without works is dead."

They claim that the scripture you cite is referring to 'works of The Law.' They will then explain that, while it's true works will not "earn" ones salvation, they will still be present in all who have true faith.

I think debating specific Bible teachings will be less effective (for most active JWs) than getting them to see the WTS' hilarious record of failed prophecies, their 607/587 gaffe, and the overall lack of any evidence that they represent some kind of divinely guided "channel."

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Confession,

Gosh, Jeremiah, I'm sorry if it appears I keep shooting down your ideas.

Nope,...that's fine. That's what I want to hear. I want to try to use the best approach in this situation to possibly crack through the Jdub mind control. Something that will possibly stick in this man's subconscious for as long as he's a member. If using certain scripture might not be the best approach then that is exactly what I would like to know.

Thanks for your commentary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit