World wide ban on the WT

by vitty 23 Replies latest jw friends

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Vitty-------- The prophecy is that false religion would be destroyed by the govt., and then the govt. would turn on the true worshippers. So the JW's expect to be next (and last, of course).

• vitty
    vitty

Actually I think Junction guy has a strong point that I believe could bring the WT down and that of that course is money

They are NOT a charity and they should be exposed as such, with legality, fairness and truthfulness. They should be made to prove it, never mind saying they encourage family life and community.......................call that charity ?

If the US and Britain decided to investigate the WT it wouldnt take much to expose them and make them pay what they owe to the government in taxes

When France did it with the literature they shouted "persecution" tough shit, they moved their presses to Britain. But if the major countries are hit hard ............................"where else could they go".......................??????????????

• jgnat
    jgnat

I do think people deserve protection from coercive and deceptive recruiting techniques. This could apply to any high-control religion, pyramid scheme, marketing scam, etc. etc. I'd support legislation on that.

• james_woods
    james_woods

JoJo -

I remember when I was in the Borg growing up, whenever attendence was down, they elders always made it a point to remind us that what if the great tribulation began tonight....we would be the only ones who knew where the next secret meeting would be held and those not here would be left outside ''gnashing their teeth and weeping''.

The way I remember the telling of this little gem was a CO doing a story about the secret meetings in East Germany. They would tell each one every week where and when the next meeting was going to be held. One weak brother was thinking of becoming an informant, but he missed a meeting and went to the old place. Sure enough the VolksPolici were waiting and arrested him, leaving the faithful brothers intact!

Praise be...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit