My e-mail from an elder

by xjwms 21 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

" the Faithful and Discret Slave has decided that they have FULFILLED the scripture at Matthew 24:14 !

So, I guess that every person in China knows about their message, hey...

• zack
    zack

So who gets to inform the other 8800 or so partakers who are never consulted on any decision?

Frankly, I hope it's done. That way I can stay in bed late on Saturdays.

Zack---

• sspo
    sspo

So will the announcement be " no more knocking on doors"

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

"There are two texts chiefly relied upon by those who claim that the Lord will not come until after the Millennium, to which we would here call attention. One is, "This gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." (Matt. 24:14) They claim this as having reference to the conversion of the world before the end of the Gospel age. But witnessing to the world does not imply the conversion of the world. The text says nothing about how the testimony will be received. This witness has already been given. In 1861 the reports of the Bible Societies showed that the Gospel had been published in every language of earth, though not all of earth's millions had received it. No, not one half of the sixteen hundred millions living have ever heard the name of Jesus. Yet the condition of the text is fulfilled: the gospel has been preached in all the world for a witness--to every nation." (C.T. Russell: SitS1:The Divine Plan of the Ages, published by Watchtower Society)

• xjwms
    xjwms

leslieV

So today I will make some Kool-Aid.

Anyone up for a mixer ?

• cab1000
    cab1000

The end will come as a "thief in the night", according to the good book. If they are expecting it at any moment, would that qualify as a "thief in the night"? They may argue that it will come as a thief to those who are not expecting it.

I guess there are two ways to look at it, but I would think that if they are all sitting around waiting on it, then it cannot happen, the "thief" would notice them waiting for them, and not commit the "crime".

Conversely, if they go around telling everyone that the "thief" is coming, how could the thief strike, who would it strike?

I'm not trying to make any real points here, just thinking out loud...

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    " the Faithful and Discret Slave has decided that they have FULFILLED the scripture at Matthew 24:14 !

The King will say when it is done and not a human, again if and when it does not come, Paul warned against those who continally look to geneologies

the advice was to get your affairs in order.

Christ has already beat them to the punch by 2000 years, "What I say to you, I say to all, keep on the watch"

abr

• Scully
    Scully
    the Faithful and Discret Slave has decided that they have FULFILLED the scripture at Matthew 24:14

The WTS has been, for decades already, declaring that JWs are the fulfillment of Matt 24:14.

Unless, what they are hinting at is that they are bringing the Preaching Work™ to an end. Which I doubt. They won't want JWs to be doing something other than JW related "busy-work" in their free time.

It would be kind of interesting though... imagine all those Pioneers™ suddenly being out of "work" and having to look for a real job instead of relying on the kindness of others to help them make ends meet? Where will their prestige come from if they can no longer be Full Time Pioneers™?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    the advice was to get your affairs in order. (I don't know what that is supose to mean)

It means it's time to rush out and invest your life savings in Kool-Aid stocks.

W

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Get your affairs in order"..Thats an easy one..That card has been played for over 100yrs..It means:"Armageddon is just around the corner."...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit