An Update!

by Bstndance 13 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

My advice: Don't sweat the small stuff! She left the door open to talk, just not about "all the things we used to talk about," i.e., Watchtower stuff. Hey, you don't want to talk about WT stuff anyway. So just shower her with love and show her you are happy and content with your new journey. She'll probably respond. It's all about love, after all!

• xjwms
    xjwms

If your mom is as brain washed as I was once upon a time...

No way is anything new gett'in in.

It has to be a want-to.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hi, I agreed to that kind of cease fire with a few stipulations of my own. No jehovah talk, no discussions about how bad the 'world' is. No trying to convert my kids, no putting down holidays, other religions etc around me. Evil govt. . .She still does it, to some extent, but I will shut her down when she gets annoying. Because I am not letting her keep the ball in her court. Its not about power, but it shows her that I am not playing by HER rules or JW rules (I am 40!!! I don't HAVE to! :) ) I hope you can maintain a decent relationship w/her.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Don't give up! My mom is inactive, but still finds it necessary from time to time (Memorial, Assembly Time, Visits from active witness relatives, etc) to get on a spiritual kick. When she does, she'll spout off about not wanting to discuss certain things with me, or she'll remind me that she does not approve of certain elements of my life etc..but then, after a few days, it's right back to normal. I think that in the case of a decent, loving parent, as already stated, biology wins out...no truly loving parent will totally shut off their child. They might be able to distance themself for a relatively short time, but eventually their instincts will cause them to show the love that is natural

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit