Is Jesus really a Jehovah Witness?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• streets76
    streets76

Why does Jehovah need a witness?

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, Isaiah 43:10-12 seems to say that all literal Israelities are JWs. Jesus was a Jew, does that scripture apply to him. But then the WTS applies that to the "spiritual" Israelites they get from Galatians 6:16 and apply it to the 144,000 (anointed, chosen ones, etc). But then starting somewhere in the late 30's the WTS started including the other sheep (that I find amazing and wonder how they make that leap).

Blondie

• Mary
    Mary
    JH said: Try telling a Catholic that Jesus is a JW

I got into a 'discussion' with a Catholic on another site about this. Well, not that Jesus was a Dub, but this guy was trying to say that Jesus was a Catholic. I think I burst his bubble by informing him that Jesus was not a Catholic but a Jew. This guy flipped and vigorously defended his view that the Catholic Church was 'born' during The Last Supper. I told him to go read the passage again: Jesus and his disciples were celebrating the Passover, a Jewish celebration, not a Catholic one. I didn't hear back from him after that.

So the WT says that Jesus was a JW? I honestly didn't know that. I recall in the articles saying something like he was a 'witness for Jehovah' but that's about it. They always acknowledged his Jewish heritage as far as I can remember. Anyone have a passage where the WT calls Jesus a Dub?

• JH
    JH
    So the WT says that Jesus was a JW? I honestly didn't know that.

Often, at the hall, brothers talking from the podium said, "Jesus is the greatest JW of all".

Do you say podium in english...lol

• Satanus
    Satanus

Mary

In the 1957 make sure book, pg 193 under the jehovah's witness heading, some subheadings are:

Jesus Christ the Chief Witness of Jehovah

Abel the First of an Unbroken Line of Jehovah's Witnesses on Earth

Ancient Faithful Israel Was an Entire Nation of Jehovah's Witnesses

Here are a couple more quotes:

km4/95p.5TheocraticMinistrySchoolReview***

11. Name three pre-Flood witnesses of Jehovah. [jv pp. 13-14] Abel,Enoch,Noah.

12. According to Isaiah 43:10 and 61:1, 2, for what two reasons did Jesus have to be a witness of Jehovah? [jv p. 19 par. 4] Hewasbornintoanationofwitnesses;athisbaptismhewasanointedto"proclaimtheyearofgoodwillonthepartofJehovah."

km4/95p.5TheocraticMinistrySchoolReview***

12. According to Isaiah 43:10 and 61:1, 2, for what two reasons did Jesus have to be a witness of Jehovah? [jv p. 19 par. 4] Hewasbornintoanationofwitnesses;athisbaptismhewasanointedto"proclaimtheyearofgoodwillonthepartofJehovah."

S

Ps, your spirituality is slipping a bit, sister

• Mary
    Mary
    Ps, your spirituality is slipping a bit, sister

You're right it is.....thank goodness there are spiritually qualified brothers such as yourself to guide me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit