Is Jesus really a Jehovah Witness?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I told my mom that Jesus is a JW, and she laughed !!!

• JH
    JH

I told my mom all the ridiculous things the JW's taught me....like Jesus being a JW.

I told her all the internal laws the JW's have and she can't get over how miserable I was there.

• agapa37
    agapa37

One only has to read the bible to come up with the answer to that question JH. Yes, Jesus did witness about Jehovah, actually the book of John says he is the one that has EXPLAINED him.

"No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom [position] with the Father is the one that has explained him." John 1:18

Reading the bible we see that Jesus was an avid witness about Jehovah. His ministry testifies to that. So mush so that the book of Revelations refer Jesus as the faithful and true witness!

"And to the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ce´a write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God." Revelations 3:14

• JH
    JH

Yes he did witness about his father.

The JW say that Abel was the first JW, and Jesus was a JW as well.

Try telling a Catholic that Jesus is a JW

Thats what I find funny. The religion didn't even exist back then, but the JW's will say that Jesus was a JW.

• agapa37
    agapa37

JH, they say that because that is what Gods word SAYS

• carla
    carla

Gotta love the trolls.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Did you know there are more than one God? In Genesis the bible says let US make man in OUR image. There were two or more there.

Then the scriptures referes to Christ as a god, so since there is only one TRUE God, he must be a false God.

Then Moses didn't know who the God was in the burning bush, he had to ask his name. Must have been other Gods around then.

My mind just thinking a little.

Ken P.

• Terry
    Terry
    Did you know there are more than one God? In Genesis the bible says let US make man in OUR image. There were two or more there.

Gee...I wonder who heard this conversation?

Was there sound in "space"? Was a reporter handy with a microphone?

Genesis is attributed (somewhat shakily) to Moses. Was Moses there when "Let us make man in our image" was uttered? Or, did Moses fall asleep and dream this? Or, was this a product of an imaginative fiction writer and passed off as a true history of the creation? Was it stolen from Babylonian creation stories?

Has all the oral storytelling over the centuries perfectly preserved the actual data, wording, technical accuracy and specificities that make "Let us make man in our image" the ironclad proof text you think it to be?

Or, are you incredibly naive and utterly uninformed?

Is there a Santa Claus? Lots of very honest people who would never intentionally misdirect their own family regularly tell their own impressionable children that Santa really exists. They mean well, of course. Should we trust merely meaning well? Should we trust honest people when they tell us stories "for our own good"? Can starting a story get out of hand and become a legend, a myth, a "truth"?

Can you even examine this question authentically by using your rational mind? Or, are you so past the process of thinking for yourself that you'll defend silly beliefs no matter what??

Sooner or later you have to grow up and live in the real world. The longer you delay the longer you'll be engaged in cartoon world thinking and conversation like a comic book nerd debating Green Lantern vs the Incredible Hulk.

Thousands of years ago some guy like Stan Lee had a helluva fertile imagination and all these centuries later you think the X-Men really exist! Wow!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Since there is no record of jesus ever using the designation 'jehovah' in the nt, i don't see how he could have been. The bible record shows jesus using the term 'father'. The name jehovah wasn't invented until a few centuries later by the catholic church. The group 'jehovah's witnesses' didn't come into existence until 1935, or there abouts. Not that any of these facts make a difference to people like agapa37. Thinking and drawing conclusions are done for him/her.

S

• blondie
    blondie

But his followers were to be witnesses of Jesus.

(Acts 1:7-8) . . .; 8 but YOU will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon YOU, and YOU will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Ju·de´a and Sa·mar´i·a and to the most distant part of the earth.". . .

(Revelation 1:9) 9 I John, YOUR brother and a sharer with YOU in the tribulation and kingdom and endurance in company with Jesus, came to be in the isle that is called Pat´mos for speaking about God and bearing witness to Jesus.

(Revelation 12:17) 17 And the dragon grew wrathful at the woman, and went off to wage war with the remaining ones of her seed, who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus.

(Revelation 17:5-6) . . ." 6 And I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus.. . .

(Revelation 19:10) 10 At that I fell down before his feet to worship him. But he tells me: "Be careful! Do not do that! All I am is a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who have the work of witnessing to Jesus. Worship God; for the bearing witness to Jesus is what inspires prophesying."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit