CHEATING GIRLFRIEND GETS DUMPED LIVE ON RADIO - TOO FUNNY

by diamondblue1974 33 Replies latest social relationships

• Gill
    Gill

DB74! I for one am glad that you call it as you see it! You should!

As we've also worked out, I'm a soppy fool...but I would have been just as distressed to see a man treated in this way. Women you hear of getting revenge on their husbands by cutting of their jacket sleeves, paint stripping his much loved car etc are as bad as any man who would do this to his ex girlfriend.

I would like to say that I was one of the first people who rang the advertising standards agency when that infamous advert came on with a woman about to beat her husband over the head with the hoover was first shown. I always point out to my children that it is not alright when a woman hits a man and is as BAD as a man hitting a woman.....EQUALLY.

I think the ending of this relationship was as warped and twisted as the relationship that had existed for the previous four years. Maybe they deserved each other....don't you think?

Either way, it still made me feel sad. A relationship that just might have worked in a different era, was possibly ruined by todays views that 'sex really is nothing'. Sadly, like life, it seems to have become cheapened. Many peoples existences are now sadder and colder because of it.

Love from Gill ........ still feeling sad that a couple of people could be so shallow in the first place and both lack backbone to act with dignity to others in ther lives!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I think the ending of this relationship was as warped and twisted as the relationship that had existed for the previous four years. Maybe they deserved each other....don't you think?

Either way, it still made me feel sad. A relationship that just might have worked in a different era, was possibly ruined by todays views that 'sex really is nothing'. Sadly, like life, it seems to have become cheapened. Many peoples existences are now sadder and colder because of it.

Love from Gill ........ still feeling sad that a couple of people could be so shallow in the first place and both lack backbone to act with dignity to others in ther lives!

I am not entirely sure whether 'they deserved each other' as he was blissfully unaware of his girlfriends behaviour; betrayal can turn someone who previously might have been extremely loving and caring into someone bitter without it being a reflection upon how he previously behaved towards her. Had there been problems in the relationship surely he wouldnt have considered proposing; another point is that if she wasnt happy then she shouldve left and then pursued whatever liaisons she wished to have elsewhere.

I have been there and understand completely how someone might feel in such circumstances and whilst I agree it is sad, it does tend to make me appreciate the fabulous relationship I am in and the level of honesty we have with each other.

DB74

• Gill
    Gill

To a greater extent, Gary, I agree with what you've said there.

I listened to the piece again. He said he had suspicions about her and her boss for sometime. So, he was not blissfully unaware.

I began to wonder about the ring. I would have to see the receipt to be sure he had even bought one, never mind one that cost two grande. My reasons?

This woman thought he would not be in the marrying market, he was 'difficult to pin down'. So, there was no prior inclin that he might want to get engaged let alone spend a ludicrous amount of cash on a ring. So, he may have been winding her up about a ring in the first place.

Definitely agree she shouldn't have been cheating on him......but perhaps she had no hopes of her relationship with him continuing....and he only realised what he was going to/had lost once he found out about sex with the boss. Funny that he hadn't proposed in the four years previous, and had only decided to do that just at the moment he found out she was unfaithful to him. Bit of the 'green eyed monster' mayber?

I'd also need to see his chastity certificate for the last four years also.

The winner gets to give his side of the story, as in this case, he was the 'winner' and he got to blame the 'loser'....Angie!

Pity them both! In my mind, they're both losers in the game of life, compassion and human feeling!

• zev
    zev

whatever happened to just saying its over?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    What I find is dismaying is that a great deal of laughter comes from hearing stories of how women get their revenge on cheating men but when the shoe is on the other foot, it attracts criticism and sympathy for the woman who did the cheating - WTF?

this is a valid point if the woman is as calculating as he was...

a woman cutting up ties and pouring brake fluid on the car usually does this as a reflex action and rarely gets all her friends round to enjoy the occasion with her

like others hear i found this more sad than funny...and considering that these djs do this as a regular feature on their radio slot it makes me wonder if people are finding more and more outrageous ways to be a part of it... even making up situations if nessecary..i did find it a bit odd that some verification had been sought that the girl never listens to that particular station..

its a bit like people on you've been framed setting up 'accidents' so they can video it and claim the money

i know there are a bunch of guys (and gals) who have been cheated on on this forum and maybe they wish they had done something like this.i cant help feeling that if this guy was genuine about the girl he may regret revealing this and just wish he had discussed it and forgiven it.

as both the guilty party in a scenario like this (for which i recieved a bunch of support help and advice from gary btw..for which i am eternally grateful)..and the victim of being led on..and dismissed..i would have to say that i would rather be soppy than vindictive any day of the week and twice on sunday.

• luna2
    luna2

They have a television show sort of like this here (in U.S.). Its where someone who suspects their significant other of cheating signs up to have these tv people follow the suspected cheater around, filming their activity, sort of like a video private eye. Then, if they film proof of naughty activity, they all confront the cheater on television.

I've only watched it on rare occassions and usually just because I'm channel surfing. I don't look for the show as it always makes me uncomfortable. The one cheated on is hurt and sometimes devastated and the cheater...well, I don't care how they feel much as I think they are often jerks...but this whole Jerry Springer way of handling personal business is more than a little demeaning to everyone involved.

Can't comment on this radio break-up because I can't listen to it at work here. I'll check it out when I get home.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I've only watched it on rare occassions and usually just because I'm channel surfing. I don't look for the show as it always makes me uncomfortable. The one cheated on is hurt and sometimes devastated and the cheater...well, I don't care how they feel much as I think they are jerks...but this whole Jerry Springer way of handling personal business is more than a little demeaning to everyone involved.

ive only ever seen one episode of this...i agree with you on the whole jerry springer thing btw..

however the woman who had all the righteous indignation at being cheated on reminded me of a conversation between winston churchill and one woman who didnt like him whose name escapes me...

she.....mr churchill if you were my husband i would put poison in your drink

he.... madam if you were my wife...i would drink it

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Ok well these are the things that I thought after I was finished listening to it:

a) Hello? Does Anyone read Cosmo? Ya know how many times "friends" will do some pretty shitty things to get your man? I used to clean for a woman who flat out told me how she pulled something remarkably similar to this story to get her husband. Before this guy ever broke up with her Through someone Else, he at least should have made damn sure he was right. Photographs, phonecalls taped, I dunno, something other then hear say.

b) What kind of a Man uses a radio show to break up with his girlfriend, cheating or not?

c) Why would a guy who has been suspecting something that his girlfriend is cheating on him, buy her a 2000 pound engagement ring? Something sounds off there.

d) This is why I hate reality shows on tv let alone radio. What we see and hear is never the full story and judgement can be passed very quickly on a person who might not deserve it. Once it is passed, it is done. If, just by chance this guy was wrong, this girls reputation is screwed for a very long time and he might have just missed out on a chance of a lifetime.

None of us really know if this girl is guilty. It Is possible to have a good working relationship with people of the opposite sex. And on more then one occasion I have seen people falsely accused of having an affair in the work place because of jealousy.

Also, last but not least:

IF the girl is guilty, and she is screwing a married man, has anyone thought about his wife and maybe family? Seems to me that there were better ways of handling it that could have served the better interests of just revenge.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie
    Women like her (not all women) use wedding rings as Divorce Insurance. They know they have a couple of grand sitting on their finger that can be cashed in at any time should they ever decide to bail on the guy.

This is so ludicrous, it’s hilarious.

"Divorce Insurance” THAT’S FUNNY!! You obviously have no idea how much a divorce costs. The average fee for a divorce attorney is right around $1200.00 and this is with an UNCONTESTED divorce. NOT to mention the cost of moving, setting up new utilities, new deposit on an apartment, etc. Only an ignorant female would think that $2,000.00 is somehow going to provide some sort of “insurance” or financial advantage if she were to “ever decide to bail the guy.”

I would say that since she has no kids or an obvious disability, she more than likely did have a job. So IF that was the case, she was contributing to the combined living expenses just like a room-mate. Hardly sounds like a gold-digger to me. I’d say if she worked even part time during those four years and they lived in a one bedroom apartment (whch costs the SAME regardless if one or two people rent it) she contributed way more than $2,000.00 to their combined living expenses over the course of the four years.

They were not engaged, or married. I would never expect a guy—no matter how long we “lived together” to be exclusively loyal to me UNLESS we were engaged or married.

YC

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    What I find is dismaying is that a great deal of laughter comes from hearing stories of how women get their revenge on cheating men but when the shoe is on the other foot, it attracts criticism and sympathy for the woman who did the cheating - WTF?

I wouldn't laugh at something like this if it were reverse. It doesn't matter if it is male or female, the same rules apply.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit