Changed 1914 doctrine ?

by sexyk 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It's simply commonsense that they had to change the doctrine or be further exposed as frauds - even the babies of 1914 are 92 years old already, so "by no means pass away" is pretty much debunked - it won't be long before there'll basically be no one.

Gee, I wonder why this "revealing light" didn't come their way in the '50s or '60s - like it had already for the rest of us.

I'd like to say "the blind leading the blind" ...........but it's more than that.......it is plain to see that the society utilised the "less talk the better" method of dealing with that.......a brief and downplayed mention about the change new light, a dropping of the Awake note, and you have a clean and credible leader of 'wiseness' to follow again - albeit a sinister one, but lets not mention that so it''ll go away.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    .......it is plain to see that the society utilised the "less talk the better" method of dealing with that.......a brief and downplayed mention about the change new light, a dropping of the Awake note, and you have a clean and credible leader of 'wiseness' to follow again - albeit a sinister one, but lets not mention that so it''ll go away.

What I am curious about, though, is how they got the elders to go along with it. That article came in 1995, and then that little change in the Awake, but what is hard for me to grasp, is how these elders, who spent their entire lives on a promise, could swallow this down so easily. And how they so easily could just stop talking about "this (literal) generation" so easily, after having spent their entire lives on that promise, the promise that they would never die. Did someone on the top whisper in the ears of the do`s "yo, please tell the elders in your district not to talk so much about that generation-thing, you know..."? That`s what I wanna know.

• sexyk
    sexyk

Yeah i would like to know that too. Guess nobody will ever know how the elders went along with it. Their like robots anyways, they do whatever the society says. They'd eat a peice of horseshit from the society if they put enough icing on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit