Changed 1914 doctrine ?

by sexyk 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sexyk
    sexyk

Hey, what's up everyone ? not much here. So apparently the "society" has yet again changed another doctrine, a more recent one. They have changed the doctrine about some of the people living in the generation of 1914 would see the end of this system. Well, that kind of pissed me off. I believed that doctrine my whole life up until a few months ago, now after leaving the organization. And after im done doing alot of research. I think it's on page 4 of every awake volume, in the little box towards the bottom. It mentions about the generation of 1914 seeing the end. But it only mentions that in the awake volume up until 1995. After that, they took out what was said about 1914. Check it out and see for yourself if im not mistaken. This was the icing on the cake for me.

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

that is true it changed in 95. I remember thinking "yeah thats covenient". You should check out some of the best of threads and read "crisis of the conscience" by Ray Franz.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

That was eleven years ago.

• sexyk
    sexyk

Cool stuff. I would really like to read that book actually, it's been on my to do list for the past few months. I heard it's awesome.

• sexyk
    sexyk

Yeah 11 years ago, that's fairly recent in my opinion.

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

you will find people on this board find out about "new light" quicker than most jw. The past two GB that died I found out from here not witness relatives.

• underaglassmoon
    underaglassmoon

Hello, I'm new and just spend the last few days reluctantly taking this in. How long ago did the WTS make statements about the 1914 crowd who would live to see the end, might not be exclusive to living in 1914. I remember my dad making that commit to me (still a practicing JW) with in the last year or two. I remember feeling quite puzzled cause growing up I thought that was only one of the last the prophesies left. Also thanks for everyone's insight on these things.

underaglassmoon~

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

http://www.freeminds.org/history/new1914.htm

alt

"1914 Generation" Discarded by Watchtower

• blondie
    blondie

underglassmom, it is true that some older JWs still don't understand the change in the 1914 generation teaching, don't or won't. Just like you they had their hopes pinned on this teaching. Some JWs even left when this was discusssed. I wonder how many JWs realize that the WTS now teaches that the separating of the sheep and goats has not started already as they said it started in 1914 but won't happen until shortly after the great tribulation starts (still future). They also no longer teach that the disgusting thing (the League of Nations/UN) was standing in a holy place starting in 1919; that too is supposed to be yet future.

Blondie

• underaglassmoon
    underaglassmoon

Wow - this is a lot to take in. What about the United States and Great Brittan being the last World Power? I still can remember the pictures in one of the books showing all the powers through history and the USA being the last. Over the years I was wondering how close we are getting to the end, but realizing China is likely a decade away from stepping up to bat. Has this issue been addressed? I remember the last world power, and the the elderly from 1914 not getting any younger being the cornerstone of Armageddon right around the corner. Besides the death toll from any resent natural disasters, do they have any more ways of reminding people of the worldly destruction?

underaglassmoon ~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit