Apostates do you still read Watchtower literature? And if so Why do you?

by booker-t 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• booker-t
    booker-t

I was just wondering how many ex-jws still read WT literature and if so why. I have noticed alot of posters here know what the lastest WT or Awake magazines are talking about and I was just wondering why do you bother to read that stuff since you left the WT?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

No,

I havent read any of it since leaving. Er... except for what gets posted here.

You read one WT youve read them all pretty much.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Nope. Only what's posted here and the stuff that gets shown me by faders looking for some help in leaving.

• 5go
    5go

Technicaly I'm not and I don't

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

What LittleToe said

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Who are you calling apostates? Do you know the meaning of the term? Anyway, some people on this forum are jws some active some not and others have left the org, some kicked out, however, there is a common interest in jw thought and wts doctrine here. Remmenber, some past "apostate" teachings are today's new light and truth!

"Apostates" saw in advance the generation teaching failure and just as they thought, the wts discarded the teaching in 1995 with the wt study article.

There is a lot of interest by those in the organization and those out in the publications which reveal wts present thinking and some like to obsereve how little by little the publications change doctrines and in time they line up with the apostate's apostate view on things.

Others here cant get the magazines anymore because they dont go to meetings so it is great to get the spiritual food on this forum. ...And a lot of other reasons...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

No, why would I?The Only time you can get me to read any of it is for information I can use to help other exist the JW, which is extremely rare and usually a skimming speed read.

When I first left the JWs I would reread older pubs quite a bit to see how stupid it was and to get myself deprogrammed, but now hardly ever.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Okay, so I'm an apostate. I don't really read the literature, but my family still sends it to me. I glance through it. I find that it turns my stomach too much to actually read it word for word anymore. Did I believe that stuff once?!? So, I guess it is just a matter of morbid curiosity on my part to look through it. Like watching a car accident.

Dave

• Golf
    Golf

First, I'm NOT an apostate! I occasionally glance through the literature. Why? Just curious.

Golf

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I read many books,subscribe to over 20 magazines and read 3 newspapers a day.You could say I love reading.One thing I can't read any more is the WTS material.It is third grade reading.After you find out all the lies,how can you read any of it? Every thing is devoted to the Faithful and Discreet slave.Jesus is only thrown in once in a while."Slave for the Tower'' is what the should call the Watchtower Study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit