The wanderer
    Rejecting the Kingdom Message Results in Death

"Now what do you have to look forward to?" "You are back at square
    one."

This is what my best friend said to me regarding the rejection of the truth
    as presented by the Watchtower Society.

Responding to the Question

Admittedly, he does have a point because there is no promise of ever-
    lasting life on a paradise earth to look forward to.

There is only one sad finality waiting for a person at the end of there time—death.

How would you have responded to his question and statement?

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    Admittedly, he does have a point because there is no promise of ever-
    lasting life on a paradise earth to look forward to

Well thats a matter of opinion.

• oddeye
    oddeye

well you really can't convince people to give up their fantasies. knowledge and information is the only thing that changes one's beliefs

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello, Wanderer!!!

I think I would have said I have PLENTY to look forward to in this life, because I don't have to spend it beating myself against the Watchtower's stone wall.

Also, in death, I get to look forward to seeing if there are any answers to any of this... because the people who say they have the answers now do not.

And I would say that I would rather live any way in the WORLD rather than live a lie, and blindly follow those who are misleading countless thousands to danger and even death.

I would say that I chose my battles, and although I was misled in the past, I am no longer willing to live and die for that lie.

Of course, this all depends on how intense the conversation/argument/discussion might be that you are having, and it is always best to tread lightly when planting successful seeds! These are all just thoughts I had.

Cheers!
    Baba.

• Gill
    Gill

There never was a promise of living forever on Paradise Earth! Everyone is on square one!

The Watchtower simply chooses to interpret a distant poetic language in a way that suits if and keep its slaves in line.

The Bible is like the Koran, a book about keeping people in general in order and under control. They have their own ways of doing that with their stick and carrot stories.

But in reality, no one knows what happens to us when we die. That is our final mystery, and it may possibly be our next great adventure!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I couldnt respond to his question and statement. There are no provable answers to these questions. If a person thinks the watchtower has the truth they should go to meetings and jump through all the hoops necessary. Thats what I would do. But I dont think they have the truth. Truth is where you find it. They may have pieces of truth. Just about everybody had pieces of truth. The watchtower organization is wrong about too many things to be the truth. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Great points Gil and Jaguar...

Gil... exactly, EVERYONE is on square one!!! Just because they believe it doesn't mean they aren't in the square we are standing in!

And Jag... right. If they believe in it, they need to follow it. Creepy as that is, it is the simple truth.

I once told my terribly distraught Mom that I just didn't believe it anymore... and that I couldn't buy and eat faith like penny candy. I also told her that if there was a pill I could take that would give me faith again, I'd take it... just to make her happy. But I can't.

Baba.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I look forward to every day of my life. Improving my life and the lives of my family and others. Watching flowers bloom, traveling, reading interesting books, listening to beautiful music. Writing stories for others to enjoy reading, cooking food that tastes good. Watching the tide go out, seeing the sun come up over mount rainier, helping the needy, learning new recipes, making love, watching my doggie dance across the living room. Laying in the sunshine and feeling it caress my face.Walking on a beach where the water is warm as it laps up to the shore. Seeing my children grow into beautiful and caring adults whose lives are filled with good things, seeing the gap toothed grin of my 6 year old. Knowing the wonderful people I know, having met funny, fascinating, brilliant thinkers. People who made beautiful things and had beautiful ideas. If there was nothing beyond tomorrow to look forward to, then I'd enjoy today and all of the tomorrow that I am given, and my life would have been worth the living of it-and then some. Are we greedy to even WANT more?

• Green Chille
    Green Chille
    Watching flowers bloom, traveling, reading interesting books, listening to beautiful music. Writing stories for others to enjoy reading, cooking food that tastes good. Watching the tide go out, seeing the sun come up over mount rainier, helping the needy, learning new recipes, making love, watching my doggie dance across the living room. Laying in the sunshine and feeling it caress my face.Walking on a beach where the water is warm as it laps up to the shore. Seeing my children grow into beautiful and caring adults whose lives are filled with good things, seeing the gap toothed grin of my 6 year old. Knowing the wonderful people I know, having met funny, fascinating, brilliant thinkers. People who made beautiful things and had beautiful ideas.

I see that as a reason to WANT to live forever!

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Perhaps a list of names of people who WOULD have died, but have accepted the Kingdom Message, and therefore NOT died would convince skeptics.....?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit