microphone duty

by praiseband 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

But, if Brother Dumbass isn't properly amplified, we wont benefit from his expression of faith in the color of dog ***... Thus the privilige of being a sacred microphone runner is upheld.

Bless those who make the effort to exercise this holy act of faith.

alt

The Holy object of our Faith...

W.Once

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The microphone is an obvious phalic symbol!..Jehovah wants us to use Bullhorns!..It`s in the Bible!...OUTLAW

• Jourles
    Jourles

Oh, and if your hall was like mine, you couldn't rove the aisles without your WT in hand. We would normally sit in a chair at the back of the hall and then get up for the questions. At first, we would just leave our WT on our chair and do our job. But then one day the PO told all of us that we had to keep our WT in hand while doing the mic's. I think he said something about having the appearance of paying attention - I don't know, I wasn't listening very closely to him. But it sucked because everytime we had to reach way in to hold out the mic for a long talker, we would have to wrap our WT around the pole to hold it with two hands. I hated the bros or sisters that would sit in the middle of the row but would never help hold the end of the mic/pole. It was a balancing act - one where you tried not to get the shakes and hit them on the lip.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Just look at the picture "Wasnaelder Once" posted!..It looks like a big willie!..A Jewish Willie!..You could roll a condom over it and no one would know the difference!.....Is that a microphone in your pants,or are you just happy to see me?..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• mavie
    mavie

Well, when I was an MS, I was the Sound Servant.

That means:

1.) I made a schedule each month determining in advance who would run each microphone and the sound console.

2.) Get to the KH 20 minutes early and setup the mics and sound for the meeting that night.

3.) Run around and try to find people to handle the mic assignments. It was difficult. It seemed like some did not want to be involved...I tried to be gentle.

4.) Handle any sound issues during the meeting...high pitches, low sound, too loud, etc. The elder who had the job before me was very picky about the sound and would constantly be tweaking the knobs.

5.) O yeah, I was also an attendant, which meant I was standing at the back for most of the meeting taking count and handling any disturbances in addition to walking the parking lot twice a meeting for safety.

Hey, it gave me something to do. I got a little concerned toward the end how easy some brothers would get upset over silly things like handling mics. I hated, and refused, to counsel brothers about service time and appearance.

• loosie
    loosie

Gregor and Sir Nose you crack me up.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Well, when I was an MS, I was the Sound Servant.

That means:

1.) I made a schedule each month determining in advance who would run each microphone and the sound console.

2.) Get to the KH 20 minutes early and setup the mics and sound for the meeting that night.

3.) Run around and try to find people to handle the mic assignments. It was difficult. It seemed like some did not want to be involved...I tried to be gentle.

4.) Handle any sound issues during the meeting...high pitches, low sound, too loud, etc. The elder who had the job before me was very picky about the sound and would constantly be tweaking the knobs.

5.) O yeah, I was also an attendant, which meant I was standing at the back for most of the meeting taking count and handling any disturbances in addition to walking the parking lot twice a meeting for safety.

Hey, it gave me something to do. I got a little concerned toward the end how easy some brothers would get upset over silly things like handling mics. I hated, and refused, to counsel brothers about service time and appearance.

That's my title right now. I'm not in the rotation for attendant, but everything on your list is part of my duties. I thought it could get me out of having to comment, but yesterday an elder cornered me and told me I had to comment more.

• sspo
    sspo

It's one way to make a 13 year old excited about coming to the meetings- give them something to do and make them feel important.

Eventually as they get old, carrying the mikes it also gets old and they leave for greener pastures and fun places.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I'm not in the rotation for attendant, but everything on your list is part of my duties. I thought it could get me out of having to comment, but yesterday an elder cornered me and told me I had to comment more.

It's hard to believe that in this day and age their is a group of people who can perpetrate such standover tactics - to require that you provide certain censored comments as part of a charade of support to influence moral - I'd expect more from sales companies (ones that declare themselves that is)

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

yeah I was on roving mic duty as well , and yes you think it is a way to climb the wts ladder , and later on I became assistant platform which even held more prestige, also it helps the boring meetings go faster as well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit