microphone duty

by praiseband 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Our mics were on huge heavy booms as well. You'd get some windbag sitting in the middle of the row that would cover Adam to Armageddon in one comment and not hold the mic because her arms are too busy doing emphatic gestures so your arm would start shaking and you'd get a kink in your back. Over all I didn't mind doing the mics because it gave me an excuse to sit at the back, make faces at my friends if they had a part on the platform, and ogle the hot pioneer sisters in low cut blouses.

FBF

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

The only reason I did it was to make the meeting go faster. Getting to run around with a mic is better than just sitting there counting the ceiling tiles.

Oh yeah, sometimes you got to see down a sister's blouse.

• blondie
    blondie

Most congregations have cordless microphones now.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Microphone duty is the beginning of the stairway to the stars!

Look at all the things you see, whether the bros and sis's have highlighted their mags etc. If they haven't you report them to the elders for not studying properly.

Look at all the cleavage you can enjoy!

fokyc

• undercover
    undercover
    Oh yeah, sometimes you got to see down a sister's blouse.

Yep...and some sisters wanted us to look down their blouses. I remember some who would fix it so that the view was excellent from our vantage point. Not that I minded...they knew we were looking and they liked the attention.

Just to clarify for the original poster who was never a JW or for lurkers who don't know, it wasn't the preparing of the microphones on the podium or stage, it was the importance of handling the "roving mics" that was used during the WT study. Most halls would have two brothers, one to an aisle who would go up and down the aisle with the mic on a boom and they would would hold the mic to whoever the conductor called on to answer.

Being picked to handle the mic was a big deal for teenage males. Being picked to do so meant that you were no longer a kid, but becoming an adult and given "responsibilities". If you were picked to do it before your friends, you had a place of seniority somehow. It was the first step into becoming a Ministerial Servant.

Looking back on it, it was pretty silly. But as a young teenager it beat sitting there fighting falling asleep during the boring WT study.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I remember one time when my hubby was on the list to hold the mircophones but was told he could not do it that night. Did he commit a big sin or something so as to have this privelage taken away from him? No. It was almost 100 degrees out and he had the audacity to attend the meeting without a long sleeve jacket on and thus he lost the "privelage" for the night.

Than the elders gave him their wise council on how you should always be prepared to serve Jehovah, the WT organization who stictly enforce the thoeocratic dress code. I was like GIVE ME A BREAK!

I guess if Jesus returns and wants to visit a kingdom hall, he had better stop at the local mall for a good suit and jacket, and don't forget an "appropriate" tie, not too flashly or he won't be allowed the "privelage" of holding a mic that day.........Lilly

(things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm)

• undercover
    undercover
    I remember one time when my hubby was on the list to hold the mircophones but was told he could not do it that night. Did he commit a big sin or something so as to have this privelage taken away from him? No. It was almost 100 degrees out and he had the audacity to attend the meeting without a long sleeve jacket on and thus he lost the "privelage" for the night.

That happened to me more than once. In fact, during the warmer months, I never wore a jacket except when on stage, or running mics. After being counseled about not having my jacket, I started carrying it, but just leaving it either in the car or on my seat.

I never wore it in service during warm months either and got constantly hassled about it. But I flat refused to wear a coat when it was 90 degrees outside.

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

"Mock not the microphones, my friend."

ROTFLMAO!

• Jourles
    Jourles

An easy way to lose that priv is by hosting a few drunken parties at your apartment which included roughly half the kids from the hall -- of age or not. Funny, the elders never spoke to me directly about the parties - they just took my name off the list.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s an incredible honour to amplify predetermined answers,to predetemined questions..Q:What colour is the dog sh*t?..A:The dog sh*t is brown..Good comment Brother Dum-ass!.....Why can`t everyone be like Brother-dum-ass?!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit