Sharing Your new light with your Parents

by pratt1 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• geevee
    geevee

JayHawk1 I like this point: Jehovah managed to get men to write the Bible without their making a mistake.
    I sure hope that when the time comes......I remember it! Nice piece of reasoning!

• BrentR
    BrentR

Sometimes it's what you do not say that sends the strongest message. My parents have had a very rocky marriage and I have a divorced aunt and uncle that are JW's. After my wife and I got married word trickled back to me that my mom was overheard saying that our marriage could not possibly last without having the "biblical" guidance from the Borg. That was sixteen years ago and my marriage is doing just fine. Now my mom is asking my wife for marital advice, UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

My parent's only non JW grandaughter is the best behaved of all the rest who are being raised as JW's. I know that because she tells me each time my daughter visits them. I know my mom is getting more confused each year that goes by. By all accounts we should have been divorced and have horrible kids by now.

JW's may not listen to us but they have no choice but to observe us. The silence can be deafening to them.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My faithful JW mother knows there is plenty wrong with the org. but stays.
    I will try showing her that I have come to terms with the fact that I have
    been misled, I have made mistakes by staying. I hope that will get her
    past any fear of admitting a mistake on her part.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings pratt1,

she becomes extremely angry and then accuses me of making her out to be a bad mother.

What you've done there is trip her watchtower GFCI. Many dubs now realize that what they stood for years ago has changed. (higher education and the like)

I got me thinking, do you think that many dubs refuse to acknowledge the problems with their religion because it would mean that they made some really bad decsions in their and their families lives.

Are they afraid to accept the responsiblity for this because of the guilt they would suffer?

Absolutley 100%

Dismembered

• pratt1
    pratt1

Thanks everyone for sharing.

Some very good advice. It probably doesn't help that usually when we have this discussion its because my Mom still condones the same behavoior in her friends when that treat their children the way she treated me.

Most of the time I am pretty vocal about encouraging dub kids to go to college or how only godless people would shunn especially their own children just because they got in "trouble".

My hope is that my mom would support her friends in breaking the cycle of abuse within her circle.

I don't dare hope that she herself will ever see the light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit