In need of Literature

by loosie 11 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie

I'm pretty sure my fade in this town is sucessful. I would like to have the January '07 and Feburary '07 watchtowers and the latest library cd. I don't want to go back to the KH to get them.

I have two friends who are still in ( they think I am in too). We are on a dont' ask don't tell policy with each other. I would like to have these items as future reference when talking to these friends.

My question is: Would anyone who is still in be willing to get these for me? I will pay for your shipping and your trouble.

Thanks

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

If you need literature, go to the Kingdom Hall and order them. That is how it has always been.

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher
    If you need literature, go to the Kingdom Hall and order them. That is how it has always been.

Will there be questions asked, generally speaking?

• loosie
    loosie

If I go back to the KH I will be put on their radar again. It took me a long time to get off their radar.

Besides around here if you haven't been going reguarly they won't give you the cd.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

You can download the latest CD-Rom off the internet somewhere. I am not sure where, but hopefully, someone else will know and post it for you. reexamine.org maybe?

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher
    but hopefully, someone else will know and post it for you. reexamine.org maybe?

WTLIB2005.ISO

It is 423 MB and is an ISO file.

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher
    If I go back to the KH I will be put on their radar again. It took me a long time to get off their radar.

I don't care about their "radar" but I don't want to answer a bunch of questions...or be the victim of love-bombing. I could easily pick a KH where no one knows me.

Has anyone every picked up literature at the KH with little or no "interference"?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Has anyone every picked up literature at the KH with little or no "interference"?

When I was a dub, I occasionally heard of people coming into the KH and asking for literature. As long as you're asking for something that's an in-stock item--i.e. current magazines, one of the public offer books or brochures--you should get it with no trouble. They'll probably ask if anyone's studying with you, or try to get your address, but it shouldn't be too difficult to duck the questions (or come up with a plausible cover story).

OTOH, if you want a special-order item--such as the CD or bound volumes--you may not be able to get it at all, and definitely not without giving your address.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

You definately would not be able to get a cd or any bound volumes. Even when I was still attending most meetings, but was inactive, I could not get either. Every meeting I went to I'd go up to the literature counter and ask if they were in. I continually got the run around and never could get those two items.

BB

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Have a friend order it as they will follow up from the local congregation to your friend and not you for the CD.

As far as mags, go to the local laundry mat, resturants, hospital or elsewhere, where they dropped these off in their pursuit of claiming these PLACEMENTS to interested ones as they were counting time and didnt really want to talk to someone when they snuck in and dropped them off. Also try phone booths.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit