Noah's Ark ....How did Noah......................

by KAYTEE 40 Replies latest jw friends

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

How did Noah put bitumen on the underside of the Ark, did he get his family to lift it up allowing him to slide under and paint this on? The underside being the most important face to be treated needed to be waterproof to make sure it did not allow leaks to occur, and had to stand up to extreme conditions for a whole year

KT

• free2beme
    free2beme

Maybe he used the Force to lift the ark and then had animals paint it on for him. Actually I have seen shipped built in old time fashion and normally they build them on a frame that allows them to walk under the boat to work, until launched. Keep in mind though, that the Noah's ark legend is not true. So don't trouble yourself too long with it.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Noah and his sons contacted Ness Cranes and some of the best rigging crews (union of course) to assist them. They also contracted with Todd Shipyards for marine vessel consulting services.

The whole Noah's Ark story is in the top ten for the most rediculous in the old testament. It makes for a great children's story but from a logistics and engineering standpoint it's pure fiction.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Good point! If it was in the shape of a boat, easily done. Big long box....hmmmmm....

• fokyc
    fokyc

Jehovah did a quick check over the Ark in the 7 days they were waiting for lift off!

Come on KT, you've had enough experience in the Truth, to know, if you don't know, make it up!

fokyc

ps Wet rot etc. hadn't evolved then

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

Jehovah parted the "red" sea I am sure he could keep water out of the ark, duh.

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

Jehovah parted the "red" sea I am sure he could keep water out of the ark, duh.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont know if I believe in the ark or not. But to answer your question. He could have built the ark on blocks with rollers on them. Then he could have gotten underneath it and pulled, pushed it forward.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Since when do you just stick bitumen underneath boats?

• Navigator
    Navigator

The Jews borrowed that story from the Persians. Not to be taken literally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit