Were you harmed by WTS policy?

by Fisherman 21 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Yes. For those raised as a JW, zealous in their belief, we have no idea of knowing who we really are or what greatness we may have achieved. We were not given the opportunity to set goals and take on challenges because our life belonged to the society. We know nothing of the world we have been taught to both hate and fear simultaneously.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Definitely, YES!

A common theme here is the number who were harmed by the WTS's hangups about education.
    This applied not always just to College Education, either:
    - In the early 1970s, (our part of the world, anyway) they were down on young persons even beginning an apprenticeship.
    After all, that was "tying up five years of your life", and we all knew when The End was coming !!!
    Those of us who had already entered an apprenticeship were leaned on to get out of it - which I did.

Fortunately, I did manage to pick that up again six years later, although it was extremely difficult:
    - certainlty not the recommended way of going about things!

However, the biggest gripe I have against WTS policy is how it prevented me from having any sort of a family life.
    (This is in addition to the stress caused on everyone by trying to restart an apprenticeship when you have small children around).
    The whole JW routine of:
    - dragging small children out to five meetings a week,
    - expecting them to sit still and be quiet for two hours at a time.
    - also being expected to drag them around with you while you do your mandatory bit as an unpaid door-to-door salesman for the WTS.
    - And, to say nothing of having to repeat the process at the Assemblies; only for longer!

- None of this is exactly Family Friendly ; more like inhuman.

No wonder most JW youths hand the WTS the good old Two-Fingered Salute just a soon as they are able to!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit