Does anything think wts could become dangerous when it falls?

by lighthouse19something 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

Just noticing what happened with Waco, Jonestown, Heaven's Gate etc.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I don't think so. It is a cult but of a different genre as their prospect is to live on this earth without having to die.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I don't think it will fall, I think it will fade. This is a high order religion such as mormans are and is very legal and organized. There will be angry people. There always are when you get burnt. But for all the angry people in the last 130 years not much harm at all has ever come there way until the internet arrived. They indeed have enemies but there worst enemy is their own doctrines. The catholic church has survived a multitude of lawsuits and don't control their game even close to the witnesses game. People forget, even forgive and have to move on. It is a high control group. some would say a doomsday cult. But I do not beleive this to be a Jonestown or heavens gate. Theyve survived far too long for that. It may go mainsteam or just reach a peak with a contented lot who enjoy being lied to. If they do not embrace the modern age they will go the way of the amish so to speak.

• dvw
    dvw

i doubt it, but who is to say? what if the GB. put it into peoples heads that "The fire and brimstone are symbolic for the malitov cocktails thrown by the truly faithful." ???? but i doubt it. the WT. is probably more dangerous to the pocket book and mental health of the rank and file.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

I am also of the opinion that it will not fall. It will fade. So many witnesses are really wanting to be normal and to fit in with society in general. More and more witness kids go to college, play sports, etc. There are less pioneers. Meeting attendance is down. The organization may be as strict as ever but from what I see most rank and file witnesses just float along anymore, most generally because they were born into it..as one elder I knew used to say about ones we termed spiritually weak.. "they go to church at the kingdom hall"

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

I think it could be dangerous in terms of suicide rate of the jw

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

I was worried that the teaching suicide victims would get a resurrection, but if you died during Armageddon, you wouldn't be

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I don't believe it's going to fall... it will have a higher proportion of fruitcakes in attendance but they'll keep it ticking over. I believe it is already dangerous though, requiring so much of its members that many are driven to depression.

• sspo
    sspo

It might break or fade just like Armstrong religion, his teachings were similar to JW's but once the leader died and prophecies went unfulfilled the religion fell apart.

It might take many more decades for the Borg to vanish, there is the majority still are afraid of the internet or don't use it at all especially the older ones.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I think it depends on the mentality of the rank and file at the time a collapse might happen. Those who are seriously mentally ill could try to end their lives but then those folks are at risk even now.

Balsam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit