History Channel on Cults...

by james_woods 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• juni
    juni

Thanks James for this information.

My daughter told me a long time ago, "Mom the JWs are a cult." I didn't want to believe it at that time. But they do fit the criteria.

Definitely, a person should consider the facts w/his religion. And when they start banning those who do ask questions then it really behooves a person to get out of it. There is absolutely no possible reason for having your questions go unanswered and be threatened with disfellowshipping for asking.

Juni

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Here's where you can order the DVD.

Cults: Dangerous Devotion DVD (Decoding The Past) Is it brain-washing or like-mindedness? What attracts followers to cults and what holds them? This special feature-length documentary infiltrates the hidden world of these secretive groups. 1 DVD(s) / 100 Minutes
    Availability: Product will ship on 02/16/07, why?
    Only Available on DVD

DVD

$24.95 http://store.aetv.com/html/search/searchindex.jhtml?search=decoding+the+past&itemType=All&x=14&y=14&key=||decoding%20the%20past||&_requestid=110544

• karnage
    karnage

I watched it last night. I remember a lot of those cults and I also remembering the Watchtower Society speaking about them in their literature. I plan on watching it again. It was surely worth watching!

• restrangled
    restrangled

James

Last night I couldn't sleep so got up about 2:45am and got in on a lot of that program. I found it fascinating that these cults all believe in some type of "end" for the earth, and if it doesn't come fast enough they will create it after awhile.

Something to watch closely with the JW's....

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit