Any locals to Phoenix and Boston here???

by zagor 15 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

Just wondering what attractions are there and if you could recommend some must sees when you're there.

Thanks in advance!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Oooops that post got away from me. Do you mean Phoenix as in Arizona?

• zagor
    zagor
    Do you mean Phoenix as in Arizona?

didn't know there was any other . . .

• M.J.
    M.J.

Hey Zagor, is that your photo? I was under the impression you were a guy! No offense.

Anyway I don't live in Phoenix but have visited many times.

I guess it depends on what you're interested in. There aren't many famous landmarks there as there are in a place like Boston. There are pretty fancy places to stay, shop, eat, golf, go out at night, etc. though. If you're looking for a side trip to see the natural landscape there is "red rock country" in Sedona.

Here's a guide:

http://phoenix.citysearch.com/roundup/40437

• zagor
    zagor
    Hey Zagor, is that your photo?

LOL M.J. no its is a pic from Serenity movie but also looks like someone I know.

Thank you for the link I'm looking at it now.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I'm new to Phoenix and have done a little exploring but hardly touched the tip of the iceberg so to speak. I have been going on some ranger led hikes in some of the local parks. The Sonoran Desert is impressive. You may want to plan to come here anytime except summer. The monsoon season is from July through September and the thunderstorms & dust storms can get pretty wicked. We have lots of snow birds in town during the winter. If you like sports a lot of the baseball teams practice here in the Spring. The mountains in Sedona are impressive but they have turned the town part into a tourist trap. If you like all those little shops you would like it. (I'm not a shopper) The Grand Canyon is just a few hours drive north. Tucson is about 100 miles south. I hear the Desert Museum just outside Tucson is really nice.

• zagor
    zagor

What about Boston, come on guys. I know many of you live there. We've got 10 days, two destinations and few hours to spare.

I have to go out shortly hope by the time I come there are some ideas

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

::didn't know there was any other . . .

Whatever

• Confession
    Confession

I just moved to the Phoenix area too, Mene Mene--and have scratched even less of the surface than you. I'm going to start a Phoenix meetup thread sometime so maybe some of us can get together.

Confession

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Confession - you have a PM. - - - Zagor - if you have time maybe some of us could get together in Phoenix. When will you be here? - - - Here's a couple websites for Boston: www.gobostoncard.com - - www.searchboston.com/bostoninfo.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit