what will happen after armageddon!

by jinjam 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jinjam
    jinjam

i was talking to my sis, and we came up with this! If we will be living for hundreds or thousands of years in "paradise", no death, no sickness, no war, no pestilence, no hunger," the former things will have passed away" Don't remember the chapter or verse in the NWT, and what about the "raised from the dead" won't the world become overpopulated, remembered talking to my mom about it when we were little and she said it would never happen?! our reasoning 1) Will the earth expand to fit us all 2) God decides that half of the overpopulated planet will move up.(heaven) 3) maybe gods snaps his fingers and we woman infertile for 100 years or so!

• Gill
    Gill

Well of course absolutely anything is possible in Watchtower fantasy land!

The human race, being the human race, will no doubt rebel against God's ridiculous rules and standards and before you know it, the population is well below any number that would cause a problem!

Whamo!!!!! Problem solved!

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

I too have thought about these many topics, the bottom line is this....we simply don't know what Jehovah has in store for us. Even if we did know, what could we do different? It makes no sense, and leads us to no conclusions to speculate. I have to admit though, it is fun to ponder the future, but the simple truth is, we just don't know.

• Zico
    Zico

I've been told that Jehovah will turn off our desire to have sex when the Earth is populated. I'm not sure if this is the official teaching.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Oh one of little faith! Don't you just know that Jehovah will figure out all these problems after Armageddon?

The most important thing is to stay faithful to the organization now. No speculation like this is allowed! If you have doubts, keep them to yourself (or bring them to an elder that you trust).

Remember, if you do not believe what Jehovah's "wifely" organization teaches, he'll make birdfood out of you before you have a chance to see how he miraculously handles all these complications raised by thinking people.

For now, don't even think!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have listened to many Sunday talks from elders and COs that go into great detail about how we will inhabit other planets.

• blondie
  • Clam
    Clam

I'd be very interested to know if rank is transferable to the next life, i.e. will Elders

ä be Elders ä in Paradise Ò too?

Has this ever been asked in Questions from Readers

ä ?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Clam yes they teach that "some" will probably be used in the NO along with the faithful who died prior to Jesus including John the Baptist. I agree that it doesn't matter what is in store whether here or in heaven. I don't believe we can figure it out Roms 11:33,34. I don't agree with the org on anything like this as no one knows and the speculation is what the Bible has told us not to do.

abr

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the WTS teaches that elders will be "princes" in all the earth and be ruling over the Armageddon survivors. This replaces an older doctrine that Abraham, Isaac, Abel, Jacob, David, and others would be resurrected first as perfect men to rule over the earthly kingdom from Jerusalem. *** w93 5/15 p. 14 par. 10 "Call the Older Men" *** These Christian elders, or gifts in men, fit the description the prophet Isaiah gave when foretelling the role of the "princes," the administrators under Kingdom rule. Each one must be "like a hiding place from the wind and a place of concealment from the rainstorm, like streams of water in a waterless country, like the shadow of a heavy crag in an exhausted land." (Isaiah 32:1, 2)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit