Is God a SF giants fan?

by Stealth 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth
    Stealth

Did anyone else notice Barry Bonds of the San Francisco Giants thanking god after he hit home run number 67?

Could god have been to preoccupied with Bonds breaking Mark McGuire’s home run record to answer the prayers of thousands who perished in the WTC?

• Preston
    Preston

Actually, God is a true blue Dodgers fan! Don't believe it, let's look at it from the standpoint of JW theology. The team colors of the S.F. Giants are black and orange, colors that you would normally associate with....oh....I don't know.....Halloween! Thereby associating them with the God of spiritism. Now, Dodgers colors are blue and white, colors that you would associate with Heaven. So, there you have it, God's a Dodgers fan! You have to understand my family are huge Dodgers fans (hence the Giants disgust), and we use to discuss this in the car going to the kingdom hall.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Hello Preston,

I guess Big Mac is screwed then and should go ahead and hand over the title to Bonds since the "RED" in Redbirds would be associated with Blood, Satan, HeLL.

Sorry Mark your screwed.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

You are all mistaken....

God is from Texas. You know, God's Country.

closer

Mean People Produce
    Little Mean People

• Stealth
    Stealth

Hello closer,

Now that's just Apostate trash talk! When was the last time the Texas Rangers even played in the world series? Not in my life time.

God is no Texas fan.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

I guess I should have been more specific.

God is no Baseball fan.

God prefers the likes of Football.

Highschool, College, sometimes Pro.

He recently removed his holy spirit from the Dallas Cowboys & now backs the Houston Texans.

He is also a huge Longhorn fan (University of Texas)

"Hook em Horns" -- God September 29th, 2001

closer

Mean People Produce
    Little Mean People

• teejay
    teejay

Closer, I enjoyed your insight and your hold on reality as opposed to Stealth's lunacy. However, let me help in those areas where the spirit has been lacking.

First, everyone knows that God backs America's Team. Some of you may know them as the Dallas Cowboys. After all, that's why he moved the builders of Texas Stadium to leave a hole in the roof, all the better for his viewing pleasure to be unencumbered. They are currently enduring some dark times, but only to atone for past sins. They will be back... god is not one to be mocked.

God does not, however, support one college team over any other. He has no interest in quenching the fire that all those young men have of reaching the level of perfection that is so often achieved by America's Team. When he has the time, he checks in with the Razorbacks and when they have an off weekend, he follows the current champions, the OU Sooners, led by that modern-day prophet, Coach Bob "Don't Call Me Moses" Stoops.

Hope this helps.

tj

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

God often in his divine desire to lend support to those so misfortunate, may in fact give the impression that his interest in those who are so illiterate, misguided, sister-marrying, boot-legging, pig-humping heathens in Arkansas and Oklahoma are in his favor. To imply that the poverty stricken Ozarks or the barren dustbowl of Oklahoma is God's Country is just blasphemous.

Remember if God isn't a Longhorn, why did he make the sunsets beautiful burnt orange?

Now to address the issue of America's Team, Dallas was America's team until the native Texan Jimmy Johnson finally listened to the words of 1 Cor 15:33.

As far as the current Dallas team, I believe this month's issue of Texas Monthly summed it up best:

Hook em!!

closer

Mean People Produce
    Little Mean People

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

teejay,

Can I assume by your silence that you admit defeat?????

closer

Mean People Produce
    Little Mean People

• teejay
    teejay

Closer, my fine, goat-ropin', grandiose yahoo? Nice response.

You said:

God often in his divine desire to lend support to those so misfortunate, may in fact give the impression that his interest in those who are so illiterate, misguided, sister-marrying, boot-legging, pig-humping heathens in Arkansas and Oklahoma are in his favor. To imply that the poverty stricken Ozarks or the barren dustbowl of Oklahoma is God's Country is just blasphemous.

I'll not respond to such talk. For one, it would require that I stoop lower than I am accustomed to, and furthermore, you may very well be right. Moving right along...

You only see orange sunsets there? Well, you should get out more. Why, up here we get those, but also sunsets that feature purples, greens and yes, even beautiful crimson. I feel sorry for you folks. You don't know what you're missing. Only pukey orange, eh? ¡Que lastima! Lo siento mucho.

Now to address the issue of America's Team, Dallas was America's team until the native Texan Jimmy Johnson finally listened to the words of 1 Cor 15:33.

I always wondered where that blowhard was born. He did wear the Razorback Red for a time, but lost his way soon after that. It was not until he was rescued from mediocrity by a fellow Razorback alumnus -- who ensconced him at the helm of America's Team, btw -- that he was able to distinguish himself. Alas, he soon thought too much of himself, as Texans have a habit of doing, and his stock fell like a rock. It's been some time since I heard from him.

Ah, and that rag... er, I mean mag Texas Monthly!! You don't really read that for factual content, do you? I thought it was meant to be humorous, a pun, a hoot. Let's see some of the other articles featured in this issue:

One about Texas etiquette? Are you kidding? That's a joke, right?

Another on Texas literacy? How in the hell can you put "Texas" and "literacy" in the same sentence, even if that sentence is only a title. I KNOW that is a joke.

All one needs to do to decipher the true intent of this mag is to see the demonization of Jerry, god's alter ego. Jerry's the best thing to happen to Texas since... well... has anything else that might be described as "good" happened to Texas? Ever? Me thinks not.

peace,
    tj ~ who bleeds Razorback Red

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit