Justice

by toreador 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• toreador
    toreador

Is Justice something that exists apart from man in that it comes from God or is man the creator of justice? What do you guys think?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Surely its just an extension of the barter system? It's an art rather than a science...

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Justice something that exists apart from man in that it comes from God

You would have to prove there is a God to me firstly, so I would say in my little pea brain man instilled justice in society ie: laws, so we wouldn't kill each other off and not have recompense for it and stuff like that. I say we need justice to survive, but we don't need God to survive at least if we did where the heck is he/she?

Justice you can feel/see/be affected by as well as man, but God?

• toreador
    toreador

So Little Toe; you dont think it exist apart from man? Do you think man strives to obtain perfect justice in that he strives to reflect God's perfect justice?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Man attempts to achieve justice that "feels" fair. It's a subjective thing that varies throughout the world, hence seems to be sociologically inspired. What is the value of a human life, for example?

If you want to put religious ideals into the mix then the mechanism still works the same.

you dont think it exist apart from man?

I don't think it exists apart from sentience, albeit even dogs appear to feel jealous.

• toreador
    toreador

I tend to agree with you folks so far. I tend to feel justice is man made or a construct of man to keep order and not something we are trying to emulate as an inherited trait from a God source.

Anymore comments?

Tor

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

An extention of the barter system... Good hypothesis!

Could the Justice system just be a way to replace revenge? Sort of a way to prevent more "Hatfields from fighting McCoys."

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Jay:Fortunately a good proportion of the world has developed beyond "an eye for an eye", but methinks some of the roots can be found there, right back with the law code of Hammurabi.

• toreador
    toreador

That link Ross sounds interesting. I am going to go check it out.

Thanks,

Tor

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

That's a bunch of reading. I need to find a way to print 2 pages on one page so I can read it all. Looks good though, thanks for the link.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit