They know

by Vida 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

ashitika wrote..........I did not even know about 1980. What happened or did not happen in 1980? I am still researching and a lot of this has my blood boiling.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Cassiline,

That was the time of the supposed "great apostasy" at the Brooklyn headquarters, leading to the dismissal of so-called 'apostates', including Raymond Franz, the nephew of then-society President Frederick W. Franz.

For more info, follow this link: http://www.freeminds.org/history/whathapp.htm

And for even more information, you can order Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz, which is still in print and easily available.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Thanks Gopher for the link! I just got COC and have just started reading it. Thanks again!

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• Vida
    Vida

They know that they are only playing around whit people’s minds.
    You will get nowhere within their community if you are not aware of this. Position is given to those ho know, but keep quiet about it.

A true Jehovah Witness knows that hi lies to you,
    when hi turns away from you hi laughs about it.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Vida,

You said "A true JW knows that he lies to you. When he turns away from you, he laughs about it." (spelling corrected from 'hi' to 'he')

Were you ever a JW? If not, how did you reach these conclusions you have posted?

I am an ex-JW, and have been quite aware that lying is a tactic that the elders use to cover their butts more than anything else. My thought is that they lie mainly to defend their position, rather than just lying for lying's sake.

It's all not good. It's that theocratic warfare, which by definition states "it is not wrong to deceive if doing so serves the theocracy". This is moral relativism, which they claim to dislike but they actually practice when convenient --- it's up to the elders involved.

But if you're NOT an elder and you try theocratic warfare, you'll soon find yourself in deep trouble with the practicers of theocratic warfare.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit