What do these song lyrics mean?

by gumby 29 Replies latest jw friends

• oldflame
    oldflame

You mean you can play the guitar ? I was wondering what all that mumbo jumbo was I heard ! LOL

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I think it's referring to someone who is sick of pretending to believe in god.

I can’t stand to fly - to heaven perhaps
    I’m not that naive - gave up on the gullibility of faithI’m just out to find
    The better part of me

I’m more than a bird...i’m more than a plane
    More than some pretty face beside a train - this and above references refusing to just fit in
    It’s not easy to be me

Wish that I could cry
    Fall upon my knees
    Find a way to lie - Wish they could pretend to believe but can't.About a home I’ll never see - Home never see? Heaven they don't believe exists?

It may sound absurd...but don’t be naive
    Even heroes have the right to bleed - no more expecting perfection, believing things are different than they are.
    I may be disturbed...but won’t you concede
    Even heroes have the right to dream - same as above.It’s not easy to be me

Up, up and away...away from me
    It’s all right...you can all sleep sound tonight
    I’m not crazy...or anything... - I don't need help, it's my decision to not believe.
    I can’t stand to fly
    I’m not that naive
    Men weren’t meant to ride
    With clouds between their knees - Foolishness to believe just to believe
    I’m only a man in a silly red sheet
    Digging for kryptonite on this one way street - Life only leads to death.Only a man in a funny red sheet
    Looking for special things inside of me - Make the most of it then.Inside of me
    Inside me
    Yeah, inside me
    Inside of me

I’m only a man
    In a funny red sheet
    I’m only a man
    Looking for a dream

I’m only a man
    In a funny red sheet
    And it’s not easy, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm...

Its not easy to be me

• searching4truth
    searching4truth
    I think it's a song about Christopher Reeve, after the accident, especially the line: "I can’t stand to fly".

Littletoe thats just not right, funny but not right

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The irony is that I wasn't originally trying to be humorous. He was the first person to come to mind when reading the lyrics, and it seemed to fit. Then my sick humor gene kicked in and I tried to stop an inappropriate grin. Needless to say my self-control broke down at that point, and I posted...

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

LT - you are going straight to hel......wait..... even better..... you will be forced to live the rest of you life with a strong woman who will refuse to be in subjection to you.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    but cockroach is ONE word... otherwise it implys nasty things we don't wanna think about. (hubby is still squiming over that one!)

I'm a do pe!

• jinjam
    jinjam

i think the only way to find out is to ask the person who wrote the lyrics what they really mean, everyone interpretation will be different from the next,so the possibility of talking to the lyric writer is probably never going to happen, means.................( da da daaaaaaaaam)we'll never know!

• gumby
    gumby

Ok FMZ, LT, Confused, and the rest of you bastards........quit makin fun of my song and using my thread as an opportunity to socialize on a thread of such serious nature. As for Mary, I hope she burns in hell with her disgusting pick of Christopher Reeves with shrinkage. If she was a guy and flew through the air with a chill factor of 2 degrees above 0 , her dinger would look like his too!

image..Actually, I appreciate all your efforts in guessing what this song means......but I think most of you apostates sound like your all on drugs........just like a typical apostate.

Gumdinger

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Mary started it.

• Mystla
    Mystla
    hubby is still squiming over that one!)

This is why I don't usually correct spelling (notice how I spelled squirming!!) I can't spell or type!! That and it's rude.. but we had such a good laugh over "cock roaches" I just had to point it out...ok, ok... we'd been drinking, but it was still funny... in a sick twisted gross kind of way... which is our favorite

Misty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit