What do these song lyrics mean?

by gumby 29 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

I'm with AlmostAtheist on this one, I think it really is a song about Superman. And how much it would suck to be Superman. Sometimes the meaning's just right there.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I think it is about Superman and how being Superman isn't easy, because then you have to be Superman. He wrote this alone one night having some gin and tonics.

I can’t stand to fly
    I’m not that naive
    I’m just out to find
    The better part of me

This means he doesn't want to start the hero show again, because he knows it doesn't make him a better person. Sweet really

I’m more than a bird...i’m more than a plane
    More than some pretty face beside a train
    It’s not easy to be me
    Having a bigger cape doesn't make him a better person and he wishes he could prove himself not relying on super powers

Wish that I could cry
    Fall upon my knees
    Find a way to lie
    About a home I’ll never see
    Wishes he could just live a normal life – have a home, cock roaches, marriage problems, hang out with the guys, lie about where he was on Sat night….

It may sound absurd...but don’t be naive
    Even heroes have the right to bleed
    I may be disturbed...but won’t you concede
    Even heroes have the right to dream
    It’s not easy to be me
    Okay now the gin is kicking in and he admits he’s a cutter.

Up, up and away...away from me
    It’s all right...you can all sleep sound tonight
    I’m not crazy...or anything...
    Sure thing buddy boy, let’s get you over to the bed

I can’t stand to fly
    I’m not that naive
    Men weren’t meant to ride
    With clouds between their knees
    Okay someone get his keys and we’re going to have to wash that pillow in the morning

I’m only a man in a silly red sheet
    Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
    Only a man in a funny red sheet
    Looking for special things inside of me
    Inside of me
    Inside me
    Yeah, inside me
    Inside of me
    Okay we see the sheet, but you’re going to have to put your sheet back on – we don’t all need to see what’s inside of you

I’m only a man
    In a funny red sheet
    I’m only a man
    Looking for a dream
    That’s right lie down…

I’m only a man
    In a funny red sheet
    Okay good boy – (someone get a bucket)

And it’s not easy, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm...
    Here we go – I’ll hold his hair

Its not easy to be me
    I know Clarky, I know – go to sleep now.

• Mystla
    Mystla

Confusedjw.. that is so funny i almost wet my pants.. had to read it to hubby.. who is still laughing.. he's going to send a copy to his brother..

I have a tip for you though.. I don't usually correct peoples spelling and such cause really, who cares.... but cockroach is ONE word... otherwise it implys nasty things we don't wanna think about. (hubby is still squiming over that one!)

Thanks for the laugh!! We really enjoyed that!

Misty

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I think it's a song about Christopher Reeve, after the accident, especially the line: "I can’t stand to fly".

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Tanks

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I love to sing and play the song on my gee-tar.

alt

• FMZ
    FMZ

Wingman... you had me laughing so hard... good to see ya around dude. Hope all is well with you and yours bro. And you finally posted that handsome mug o' yours.

And Ross, that was evil mate. My reactions (in order of appearance):

Gumbo, I'm siding with these two. It's about Superman being legless (a popular term in England meaning "drunk")

FMZ

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

"And you finally posted that handsome mug o' yours."

Hey you and Xena are back! Tell you what, if she and Ross invite you to the wedding, now that you know what I look like, take me as your date. I need to get out more and as your proper Wingman I'll make sure you don't hit on anyone wearing a kilt.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Sounds good mate. I shall have to make sure you know the difference between tartan and plaid first tho. "That's not a scot, it's a catholic school girl!"

(Disclaimer: lower case C, S, and G )

And as far as getting out more, I'm up for some time off of work soon (as soon as we re-hire to fill the 50% of the workforce we recently lost), might be time to come visit with ya dude.

w00000000t!

FMZ

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Confused:

Men weren’t meant to ride
    With clouds between their knees
    Okay someone get his keys and we’re going to have to wash that pillow in the morning

This line reminded me of "Trains, Planes and Automobiles"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit