Miss Field Service?

by searching4truth 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Damn, I thought it was going to be "Miss Field Service" like "Miss World"

• Clam
    Clam

Miss Field Service ?

I thought this was going to be a beauty pageant.

• Clam
    Clam

Ha snap Simon !

• zeroday
    zeroday

Absolutely hated it with every fiber of my body. I have always been a very introverted person. In 28 years on the inside I never gave talks, answered at meetings and never developed any real friends. So to go out and knock on some strangers door to tell them they belonged to false religion was terrifying. I would be physically sick doing it.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Damn, I thought it was going to be "Miss Field Service" like "Miss World"

Just as long as it comes with a "Miss Field Service" Calendar.

• Backed away
    Backed away
    Just as long as it comes with a "Miss Field Service" Calendar

*shudder* if I can rephrase, Just as long as it's not filled with the faithful skirts below the knees, scuffed shoes, torn nylons from my old hall! not pretty..

Miss Street work, forget it.

Miss I shut down my reproductive organs for after Armageddon, pass..

Sorry, off topic, I hated it, I hated it, I hated it!

• jinjam
    jinjam

no way, i found it degrading, meeting rude people, getting shouted at and getting up early in the morning to wake up other people who couldn't be bothered, sorry thats definitely something that i don't miss!

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Yeah, sometimes. But it's the comeradery, and the "helper's high" that comes from volunteering, the sense of assuredness of a meaningful purpose, and the comeradery--the sense of shared purpose, and the fact that I'm a educator at heart, and the comeradery...yeah...the comeradery.

Service provided immediate feedback that pursuit of long range goals tends to defer. (Like going to school, even to pursue your passion--the classes can take a long time and feel like a lot of drudgery in the meantime. You can even feel purpose-less when you're immersed in the middle of it, even as you are plugging away toward that purposeful, long range goal.)

Door-to-door ministry provided an immediate purposeful-feedback loop. It can be quite intoxicating. Yeah...I miss that.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Ooh--! I just read Luna2's post.

Luna's right. I don't miss That!

• mama1119
    mama1119

NOT IN THE LEAST I HATED EVERY MINUTE!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit