"Every lie is an untruth, but not every untruth is a lie"

by becca1 27 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Good call Scully!

<----- my twin!

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

My dictionary says that a lie is a false statement or untruth told by someone who KNOWS it's wrong. If you don't know it's wrong, it's still a mistake, but not a lie. The distinction seems to be with the intent or the knowledge of the fact being wrong by the one telling it.

If I say 2+2=5 and honestly believe it, I'm not lying. I'm wrong (and a poor mathematician), but I meant well. If the WT says 2+2=5 and fully knows that it is four, then they are lying. Since this is usually the case with the WT, they are liars.

The child abuse issue alone makes them the biggest liars in the world. When must of us went door to door and told people about 1914, we thought it was the truth. But the GB knew that 607 BCE was wrong, so 1914 had to be wrong and they knew it. So they are liars.

After so many hundreds of lies, how does anyone stay a JW? The rank and file feel that Jehovah will take care of it "in his own due time". I guess lies don't bother God much, since he uses a religion so good at telling them. If I were God, I'd think I'd be concerned about the fact that the entire world didn't know beans about me because the WT had been misleading the world for 130 years. I mean, how many decades does a God wait to clear his name?

How can a God kill six billion people for being wrong when they've been lied to all those years? I don't understand. Oh, wait. I just have to read more WT publications. Then I'll know the real "truth".

• heathen
    heathen

Wow I can't wait to read that article , some more, new speak, from the top . I suppose it includes all about how old light was not a lie but simply an untruth while current light is not to be questioned to it's truthful content . Yadda Yadda blah blah.........

• Quandry
    Quandry

Thanks for your post.

I was wondering if perhaps they are conditioning the rank and file to be receptive to change. Mary posted this info from the Jan. 2007 WT:

Par 11: "....It seems that resurrected ones of the 24 elders group may be involved inthe communicating of divine truths today. Why is that important? Because the correct identity of the great crowd was revealed to God's anointed servants on earth in 1935. If one of the 24 elders was used to convey that important truth, he would have had to be resurrected to heaven by 1935 at the latest. That would indicate that the first resurrection began somewhere inbetween 1914 and 1935. (Ooooooh, isn't this just mind-boggling how they come up with this shit!!??)

Par 12: At this point we obviously don't know what the f**k we're talking about so let's just say something really stoopid now, it may be helpful to consider what might be viewed as more bullshit a Bible parallel. Jesus Christ was anointed as future King in the fall of 29 CE. Three and a half years later in the spring of 33 CE he was resurrected as a mighty spirit person. Could it then be reasoned that since Jesus was enthroned in the fall of 1914, the resurrection of his faithful anointed followers began 3 1/2 years later in the spring of 1918? That is an interesting possibility. Although this cannot be directly confirmed in the bible, (like virtually ALL of their doctrines can't) it is not out of harmony with other scriptures that indicate that the first resurrection got under way soon after Christ's presence began.

An interesting possibility? How in the world can they come out with this after having the teaching for years and years that 1918 was the definite, beyond question- date that the resurrection of the 144.000 began?

The thing is, they never admit that they were mistaken about anything previous they have stated as fact, or insinuated. Remember 1975? They blamed the rank and file for misleading themselves.

I think we may be in for some further clever reasoning by the WTS. First the new info in Jan., now Feb. "softens the blow" for more to come??? Perhaps people "misled themselves" about the resurrection, also.

• heathen
    heathen
    Because the correct identity of the great crowd was revealed to God's anointed servants on earth in 1935.

I can't believe they still say that . Most of the members from 1935 are all dead they did not exit the tribulation and live eternally as shown in Revs 7.

Jesus was enthroned in the fall of 1914

try mathew 28:18 as to when jesus states he is now head honcho . They are flip flopping all over the place on the 1914 generation dogma , now it's an ivisible generation and the refining work continues or some such stuff. They did state that as fact somewhere that the 144k were being resurrected since 1914 when they die , being saved from the pain of death and changed in the twinkling of an eye .

• Confession
    Confession
    Heathen:
    Because the correct identity of the great crowd was revealed to God's anointed servants on earth in 1935.

I can't believe they still say that . Most of the members from 1935 are all dead they did not exit the tribulation and live eternally as shown in Revs 7.

Righto. Plus this concept of there being modern-day "replacements" for anointed ones who don't "hold fast" is ridiculous. Supposedly the 144,000 were sealed in 1935. Since then, how many professing to be anointed have come forth? I submit thousands. Who were these thousands replacing? Those "anointed" JWs who went bad after 1935? That many fell away? How much longer can they keep spouting this stuff?

• heathen
    heathen
    How much longer can they keep spouting this stuff?

Hard to believe it's been going on as long as it has .Revs is very clear that the end does not happen until all the remnant are killed by the ax. They still claim about 8000 partakers at the memorial supper. They even came up with a symbolic death dogma to cover it up and everybody baught it . Revs 6:11 Revs 20:4

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Righto. Plus this concept of there being modern-day "replacements" for anointed ones who don't "hold fast" is ridiculous. Supposedly the 144,000 were sealed in 1935. Since then, how many professing to be anointed have come forth? I submit thousands. Who were these thousands replacing? Those "anointed" JWs who went bad after 1935? That many fell away? How much longer can they keep spouting this stuff?

This is why they are false prophets, instead of admitting they don't know, they push ahead and spew forth more nonsense. That's the problem with being overly dogmatic, eventually. you get your ass handed to you.

What is so egregious about this is that they demand a high level of acceptance and conformity even though they know how highly speculative this is. The enormity this unethical conduct is shocking, it leave you shaking your head in disbelief.

• Anitar
    Anitar

Well, well, well. Who could have seen this coming? When one deals with the Watchtower as long as we have, one learns that there are no such thing as coincidences.

In the wake of the failed, hypocritical tract campaign in October, they have to find some way to cover their asses. This has been planned for over a year in advance. By cooking up their own definition of a lie, they can decide when to break their own rules.

The Watchtower is strapped for cash and the pedophile defense fund is rapidly drying up. Bottom line, they're panicking. With all the news coverage of their infinite indescretions, the government will notice them sooner or later and go for their throat. They're a dying cult that has spent over one hundred years masquerading as a religion when their only interest is real estate and laundering vast sums of money.

Fear is the only valuable asset they have left. They used the fear of an armageddon that's always around the corner, but never in reality. Just a few short months after the October campaign, they're already retracting their statements, and their next step will probably be to blame the rank and file for their "over-enthusiasm."

Mike is right, they are liars. The Watchtower's problem is that they actually believe their own bullshit. I wouldn't be surprised if by next October they will have forgotten this ever happened.

Anitar

• exjw_rob
    exjw_rob

How the hell can they call themselves "the truth"????

When here they are preparing to soften the blow for the r+f if they happen to find out that

they have told untruths in the past...NEWSFLASH NOBJOCKEYS....If you have told untruths you are not the truth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit