Did you as a woman buy into and follow the subjection crap?

by restrangled 23 Replies latest jw friends

• becca1
    becca1

My mother. She doesn't even tell my dad to keep his voice down when he says goofy things under his breath during the meetings (that everyone can hear) because "she's in submission".

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thanks everyone for your input.

One more funny thing, my mother at 73 does not Kowtow to little MS's or Elders younger than her. She speaks her mind. She was raised as the youngest of 5 brothers so knows how to argue, and god help them if they deny 1975!

On the other hand a CO or a DO seems to have power over her.......

r.

• Schism
    Schism

Hurray for granny! I wish my mawmaw could stand up for herself and her kids (when they were young). She watched my uncles get beat senseless, all while keeping her lips shut.

One of these days...

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

No, never. Guess I was just born too independent for WTS. At one meeting when just old enough to talk, my grandmother had taken me out for a whipping for not sitting still. On the way back in she asked me, "Are you gonna behave?" I said, "I do it agin." And I probably did! - - I also got a divorce without "scriptual grounds". One elder called me at home fussing at me telling me I had sinned. I wish I could remember what I told him. - - Growing up I always thought my mom was mean to my dad (away from the WTS) but now it all makes sense. I think it was her way of not submitting to his authority or at least making him 'pay' for it.

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

Behind every great man, there is a surprised woman. ha ha

• Gill
    Gill

No!

My father was a total arse and liked to laud it over my mother and intimidate her constantly. I knew there was something wrong with God, he had to have a mental problem or something, to put men in 'charge' since women were far more capable in many ways.

However, that attitude can soon be battered out of you.

But my husband always insisted we were equal and that was the end of that!!!! He had also been brought up a JW but said the JW headship rules were BS! How fortunate I have been! I could have so easily married a JW arse hole with the opposite view!

I could have ended up with the same miserable life that my mother leads.

My father continues to belittle, humiliate and intimidate my mother in front of all her JW friends BUT in the last few months her JW friends have begun to stick up for her and tell him off. He gets very, very angry about these stupid women daring to talk back to him.

He is so going to love these current shitty articles on female submission. But these ladies are 'strong' willed.

I'm hoping he doesn't get so enraged that runs them over one day. Certainly he doesn't dare talk back to them when they ear bash him. My sister has been witness to a few of these occassions where they all harangue him at the same time and he gets thoroughly enraged! Apparantly its quite a sight to see!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I didn't and don't, even my diehard jw mother doesn't which is really funny. Well not so funny for my father.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There`s a big difference between being the man of the house and being a bully..A lot of those guys need a serious beating...OUTLAW

• Soledad
    Soledad

For some reason I did. My mom was very strong around my father (cause he was an unbeliever) but in the hall she would go out of her way to be subservient to the elders and such. Sickening.

• Jin
    Jin

Never!

lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit