Do other religions have questions you're not allowed to ask ?

by A Paduan 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

To take out this doctrine or cult and others.....To try to attack them with accusations as many try to do...they expect that..and define it as "persucution" turning your listeners against you...solidifying their position.

It doesn't work very fast..if at all...

But to see them turn on a bunch of humble questioners...would put them a position of being the persecuters in front of their own followers.....

Questions are my weapon of choice for this very reason...soon as they try to break bad and attack..all I gotta do is respond...."what did I do wrong? was it not a question..and are you not a teacher?"

When they attack I let them bury themselves real good in it...then cut them in half with their own words and actions.

party is then over.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I went to an independant church once that seemed kind of bible based, and i went there for months until I was in sunday school once and we were told that whatever the pastor told us was IT. We could not argue, is was not UP for discussion. That was the last time I went to church there.

• chaiyah
    chaiyah

I'm an Episcopalean now, and there is no such thing as a question one cannot ask. Further, in this Church, I can attend any religious service anywhere in the world, and nobody cares. Further, in this Church, I can take up any topic at the general convention, and the officers will hear me. In the local parish, I can initiate any activity that I can find enough participants to support; and the parish will go for it. Unfortunately, most the members don't care about any of this, however, which is quite ironic. : ) Emily

• free2beme
    free2beme

I know I asked Mormons a question or too about things in their history, that they did not feel comfortable asking and changed the subject. I guess, every religion has things that are not meant for the general public. Mormons just creep me out though.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I can remember praising people on the doors for asking questions. We got a bit excited when a householder seemed interested enough to ask questions. I can even remember telling a bible study that their asking questions was a good sign, that it meant they were 'thirsting' for righteousness. How ironic that once they're in the organisation asking questions becomes a big no-no.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit