unexplained biblical wierdness...

by LtCmd.Lore 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

There are many examples of stories that appear to leave much unsaid because the small episodes that were incorporated into the literature were merely fragments of a larger body of legend familiar to the original audience. Sometimes archaeologists have been lucky enough to uncover other more extensive or varient versions of the legends. Balaam was a character in Moabite myth and legend. An inscription at Tell Deir Alla has a story about how this legendary prophet saved the town by warning them of the plans of the assembly of gods to destroy them for impiety. It seems to me that the Jewish inclusion and adaptation of this otherwise bibically unknown charcter was typical of the closely related indigenous cultures of Near Middle East.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

wb Pete. Nice to have your input on this. Happy New Year

• Free
    Free

God never had a beginning and never has an end ?Jesus walked on water ? Daniel in the lions den ? Those three dudes Nebuchadnezzar tossed into the furnace ? Two of every creature on earth in a ark ? What about the insects ? ARE KIDDING ME ! No way . Its all one big story that people have been Fuc...ing up for centuries. Kind of like when you have a line of people and you start at one end with a story and by the end of the line its a twisted version. Only the story was bullshit to begin with. That's what's in my head right now. No offense to any who still think those things were/are possible, but to logically think about it, now that I look back it seems kind of silly.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The biggest zoo in the world is San Diegos, California. They have several hundred employees (140 of them have been awarded for excellent work, among these VETERINARIANS! Who in the arc was such a big VET that he could take care of whatever animal there was? I have a cat and have to find a proper Vet to castrate it (not every VET does surgery on small animals under 6 months!)

There's the San Diego Zoo in Balboa Park, also the SDZoo's Wild Animal Park. I like the WAP better because the animals have much bigger areas. The Zoo is more of a touristy spot...

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Hey LT, just passing through. Hope you're well.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

The men of Babylon building a tower to reach God [who sits in his throne on top of the sky dome.] Then God has to confuse their language to get them to stop [because otherwise they might actually reach Him!]

I wonder if God decided to move His throne before Sputnik was launched.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit