Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-31-06 WT Study (Discipline)

by blondie 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

my sis was at the meeting today...(i was going to go to my old hall at coatbridge...to sit and say nothing-it wold have freaked them out..but i was away the weekend watching manchester united)

anyhoo my sis said that the whole meeting was emphasizing how loving the elders are and how much help they will give anyone who has to come before a jc...

i said that the conclusion that would be drawn from that then was that with all the help any wrongdoer was getting..if they were disfellowshipped then they must be the most wilful wanton wicked person in existence which is ultimately why everyone else has no problem treating them as such...

this is backed up by this statement in para 3

Disfellowshipping takes place only if a member of the congregation unrepentantly engages in gross sin.

the use of the italics in this paragraph indicates that this statement has been thought about considerably and included in the wt with the approval of the writer, the gb, the proofreaders etc etc...

and they along with all cos dos and most elders know that this is not true..

this statement is not a mistake, it is not an over enthusiastic comment from someone who believes it to be true...

it is a lie...

shame on them

• codeblue
    codeblue

Interesting observation about Joseph............not reporting Mary who he knew was pregnant before marrying her....

I think the WTBS needs to re-evaluate HOW to keep the congregation clean.

How would JESUS keep the congregation clean if HE were alive today?

I doubt he would do so in the manner the elders do, by publicly humiliating someone who's conscience has already damned them to pieces and don't need to have their sins made public.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

How would JESUS keep the congregation clean if HE were alive today?

"neither do I condemn you"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit