Leaving Florida and Moving to Ontario!

by Saoirse 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

It's official, we will be moving to the Toronto area within the next month or so.

My husband was offered an incredible job in Canada so we flew up here to check it out. We totally fell in love with the place. Beautiful parks, friendly people, great food, taxes are a bit high but, I guess you can't have everything.

We have a deal in the works to move into at a house in Oakville. It's beautiful, right across from the Lake, a nice yard with big trees and lots a birds, hardwood floors, a finished basement, jacuzzi tub in the master bath, rec room and a hot tub. I just love it. The only downside is that it's right near a Kingdom hall. I swear, they ruin everything.

I have been through a year of hell after leaving the JWs and I finally feel like things are finally looking up. We will be far away from our JW relatives and all their drama. It feels like a new beginning.

We will be flying back on Wednesday to start packing. I can't wait!

• luna2
    luna2

Sounds fantastic! Too bad about that KH, though. Hopefully, they won't ever call on you. I know the dubs don't seem to want to do the houses near the KH here...or at least they didn't back when I was going there.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Welcome to Ontario!!

Oakville is a beautiful city, lots of great shops and resturants and parks.

BB

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Glad to hear you are moving on. We did the same thing and it was honestly the best thing we ever did. You can really start your life over again with no religious baggage. Don't worry about the KH. They will probably only work your area once or twice a year. You could just flat out tell them that you use to be witnesses but saw the light, they will probably mark you down as a "do not call." I have a friend that moved from Florida to Montreal and he loves it there. Good luck to you.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Florida to Ontario. Are you nut's? Anyways, concrats and have fun...

• juni
    juni

Happy for you Saoirise! Are you planning then on becoming a Canadian citizen? That will be exciting to have a change of friends and scenery and new places to explore. Best to you and your family.

Juni

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

welcome to ontario! you will love oakville

• ferret
    ferret

WELCOME to Ontario

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Congragulations, you wont have to worry about anymore hurricanes and buying home insurance.

• arwen
    arwen

Welcome to Canada. Ontario is a beautiful province. I live in Prince Edward Island. Maybe you will get down to vist us one day. We are in Florida for a few months this winter. If you lived close enough I could help you pack. Have a safe trip. eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit