How many JWs die for want of a blood transfusion?

by Gill 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Each leader of the Watchtower Society is responsible for far more deaths than those of the most notorious serial killer.

Recently the publication of the O.J. Simpson book and television special "If I Did It" were canceled and banned. The publications and other media used by the Watchtower Society are also dangerous and worthy of public condemnation!

Frank

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i read a guess on one of the x jw sites a few years ago. 500-1500 die every year from the no blood policy. don't ask me were i read it because i forgot. maybe wt. observer

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

About a year ago I suggested a memorial page set up in memory of all those lost due to Watchtower policy. I would be willing to donate money in the names of those who lost their lives due to the Watchtower's dangerous policies such as blood, organ failure, and most deadliest: suicide. I would be willing to donate such money to organizations that are working to get the word out there about the dangers of cults and specifically JWs.

Rebirth

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gill

It's not hard to do the math. The Red Cross says 1 out of every 3 people will need blood during their lifetime!

That may not give you hard numbers but, just think about how many are at risk.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I know one who died in 1977. My 35 year old sister in law, after giving birth. She bled out, no blood allowed. The baby was born dead. A double tragedy for our family that we have never recovered from. It changed our family forever, especially my brother and his daughters.

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

I've always want4ed to know if any GB members took blood, or did any die by refusing a transfusion.

• Gill
    Gill

Mulan - That's a very tragic story. To think that the same story may be being played out hundreds and even thousands of times a year world wide is a scary thought. Did your brother and his daughters leave JW land over the tragedy?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    When you think about it, wts policy has been killing people with their stupid ideas since Rutherfords day. They used to be anti - vaccination, and I'd bet few or no jws had vaccinations then and died because of it. They started publishing anti - vaccination propoganda in the 1920's, and didn't change it until 1952

I know families from the 40's/50's who have never been vaccinated - still - to this day. When I mentioned the possibility of the child getting a virus and then spreading it to his little school chums and perhaps some of the dying from an illness that could have been prevented - I was reminded that it would be better to have a child die than go against Jehovah's wishes. There was no mention of the other kids that might die because they would be of course 'worldly' and simply collateral damage. Such lovely, kind, Christ like people are the JW's. So compassionate and caring........sammieswife.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I posted this story on another thread, but I think it fits better here. Not an answer to the original question, but one more specific story about another who died. Of course the Witness' response is no one knows if they would have died even if given blood.

At the district convention this past summer, a brother from my old congregation died because of refusing blood. He'd had a colonoscopy a couple of days prior to the convention, and Friday afternoon, while helping with the cleaning, he had to be rushed to the emergency room.

He was bleeding internally, evidently from a problem from the colonoscopy, and he refused transfusions. He went into a coma and died early Saturday morning. He had just turned 50.

In most of the cases involving children and blood that I was a part of as an elder in the 70s - 90s, the Society told the parents to let the state get a court order and give the child blood. I remember being rather shocked when Fred Rusk, who was the WTS's main blood guy for years, essentially told me that over the phone when we were dealing with a case. That's not a direct quote, but the gist of the conversation.

S4

• Gill
    Gill

That's a very sad story S4!

Watchtower land is filled with these tragedies! Who is going to count them all? Who is going to make the WTBTS pay?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit