Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

by lola28 21 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I agree to hold a family meeting, but to do it with a question and not a accusotory accusation for the innocent. Then I would notice if someone has extra money to do things they normally don't do. I had this happen in my household but there was only one person who could of and did do it. We call a meeting pronto.

abr

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Lola, need a large brute to threaten and intimidate the roomies?

• lola28
    lola28

OMG, my thread got you to post here, yay! Yes please if you could hurta few ppl and get my money back that would be great.

Lola

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear Lola, that stinks!...and I know cause it happened to my husband and myself. We use to keep a lot of money up in a light fixture in an envelope.

We hired a cleaning person and apparently she found it and slowly she started taking cash.. Eventually we found out we were short $2000.00 and there was nothing we could do but fire her.

Also we had a niece come stay with us. After she left, clothes and jewlery were missing........Her own mother found some of the missing items in a suitcase under her bed, but some of my best jewlery was gone and this was about 15 years ago. It wasn't real expensive stuff, because we cannot afford that but I had some beautiful sterling items, and a solid gold heavy weight 24" chain from my husband that never was found.

Thieves, stink!!!!!

r.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

OMG, my thread got you to post here, yay! Yes please if you could hurta few ppl and get my money back that would be great.

Lola

No problem hun

• lola28
    lola28

Well I'm 99% sure that I know who took it, however I don't think this person will fess up and that means that at the end of the day I'm still screwed.

lola

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

I'm sorry for your loss, Lola. If you cannot immediately change your living arrangements - that is, get the f'ing thief out of your place or you get out asap - then spring for a lock on your bedroom door and keep your purse in there - locked - at all times, even when you are home. As for the money, that's gone, you won't get it back unless the thief steals the sum from someone else. My belief is that the stolen money is long gone by now. Maybe you need to do an inventory of your place and see if anything else - clothes, jewelry, furniture and furnishings - is missing. If someone will go into your purse and take money out of a wallet, that same someone would have no compunction going through your jewelry box if you have one, going through your drawers and closet, etc.

Thieves come in all shapes, sexes and sizes - and they can be family and people we think of as "friends." It's a hard lesson learned, unfortunately. While you're busy getting rid of this so-called "friend" or relative from your living arrangements, protect yourself in the clinches, girlfriend, get that lock on your bedroom! If you share a bedroom, then get a lock on a closet somewhere in the house, and if you can't do that, get down to Office Depot and buy a lock-box for yourself and put your purse and valuables in it. It will be a little harder to get into than opening up your purse when no one is looking...

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Perhaps w/o any kind of accusation, you could hold that family meeting, state the facts as you know them and appeal for some help so that the checks don't bounce. At least those who share your space could help you through this rough spot, and the one that stole it will know that there are actual repercussions to their actions. Would also do whatever is necessary to prevent this happening again-whether it involves moving, new locks or asking someone to leave. It is sad, but there really does need to be some corrective action.

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

get out your rack and your iron maiden and torture everyone indescriminately untill someone confesses then kill that person slowly as a lesson to the rest

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Well I'm 99% sure that I know who took it, however I don't think this person will fess up and that means that at the end of the day I'm still screwed.

It's a theft, report it to the cops and when you do make sure that person is there when they come to the house to take the report. If nothing else it will put the thief on notice. In the future don't leave valuables around or move.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit