Scientology??

by Junction-Guy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    where's the proof those beliefs are founded on? There is none - it all comes out of the active imagination of someone; it's just a bunch of thoughts and ideas that appeals to some people who are searching for some kind of identity.

Isn't this just the way of belief in any God? Let's face it, you open the bible and it tells you God created the earth and? If one can believe in a snake that talks and a few naked people, why not believe in aliens or a master cyborg? I don't find one cult any different than another because they all end up damaging the people within them at some point in time - to me there is no better or worse. Kind of like saying it's not as bad getting beat with a stick than a whip. sammieswife.

• poppers
    poppers
    Isn't this just the way of belief in any God?

Yup, it sure is. An even more fundamental belief, in fact the fundamental belief, is the belief in a "self" that is separate from everything else. This self is assumed to exist but hardly anyone bothers to actually find out if it's real or not because it never occurs to them that it couldn't be real - it is just taken on assumption to be real. But if looked for it won't be found. Go ahead and try to find the "me" that you take yourself to be - all you will find are "ideas of me", which then begs the question, "What am I really?"

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

I think they are more dangerous than JWs for two reasons: 1) They have very shady recruiting practicies. I see postings all around town (Los Angeles) geared toward young people trying to make it "big" offering workshops such as How To Be Successful etc etc. 2) They charge a lot of money for their services.

Now I have met quite a few scientologists and they have all been really nice people. More fun to party with than the JWs. I guess like JWs, it's the organization not the people that are crazy (well except Tom Cruise and Kirstie Alley). hehehe

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

BTW you can go on youtube and watch their introductory video they show all new people. It's a hoot!!! Kirstie Alley is on it saying something like "If I didn't have Scientology, I would have killed myself"

• Caveat
    Caveat

I think you are better off reading about them from their ex members:

http://www.xenu.net/

Caveat

• choosing life
    choosing life

They are banned in Germany as a cult. They refuse to give them religious status.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I say, look in to it, might be something interesting and something you like. Don't let your past with the Witnesses make you hard to all ideas and religions. For some, this religion has been exactly what they needed. Remember though, this religion is not free, it is very expensive to get in too and progress in. There are some positive books on it to read, not all the things they teach are as odd as you might think. Some make good sense and are about maintaining good mental health, and so on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit