Is the Organization just a terrible MLM MULTI LEVEL MARKETING

by avidbiblereader 14 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

terrible for how it treats people but evily brilliant in a successful business sense.

• Amazing
    Amazing

The Watchtower Society is a well run business ... they gross well over $1 billion a year, and they do not have to pay taxes. They have a buch of volunteers working their butts off paying for the literature that they give away half of the time. These volunteers think that they are doing it for Gawd. I wish I could run a business where I would have free workers and paid no taxes.

Jim Whitney

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

You can Jim ! It is called organized religion. All you have to do is start a religion and hide behind the constitution, when the government start scrutinizing your money, scream 'freedom of religion" and hire some high priced lawyers to keep your assets hidden. This is the american way.

• Mulan
    Mulan

If a business was paying it's workers to do what the JW's. do, and had the results they get, it would fail. With all volunteer workers, a person's time is of no consequence. Production isn't valued. The money keeps pouring in and they aren't paying their labor.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Mulan,

If a business was paying it's workers to do what the JW's. do, and had the results they get, it would fail.
    Agreed. However, if the Watchtower Sciety was simply a business and they had to pay the JWs to sell literature, then an Awake! or Watchtower magazine would cost about $5.00 each, and the NWT Bible would be about $30 each. The trouble is, no one would want to pay that kind of money for the product, except the JWs who buy it in the first place. So, it would be a break-even proposition for the JW sales persons ... but the Watchtower Society would still make its profit, less taxes. In that case, the Society would probably open up local literature stores, and have local JWs run them ... similar to Christian Science reading rooms. Jim Whitney

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit