The Cooling World

by JW_Researcher 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Article also here CLICK HERE

Can't seem to post the JPG large enough to be read.

• juni
    juni

All I can see is a red x.

Juni

• robhic
    robhic

No, this can't be true. Al Gore, multiply failed US Presidential candidate, says it's warming. And who can dispute this complex science with the likes of a politician? No, better buy some suntan lotion and not a jacket. Al Gore has spoken...and spoken...and spoken...

• serendipity
    serendipity

My, how the story has changed since 1975.

• JW_Researcher
  • Seeker4
    Seeker4

Actually, global climate change will likely have a cooling affect on much of the globe. I interviewed a scientist about this a few weeks ago and wrote about it here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/125818/1.ashx.

The scenario has to do with the fresh water that is hitting the oceans from the melting polar ice caps. The last time this happened (8000 years ago) it created a change in the Gulf Stream, which created an ice age that affected the Northern Hemispheres. I've been skeptical about climate change, but have really come to revise that view. As I sit here in a snowless Vermont at the end of December, and walk outside to find that the ground isn't even frozen yet, I'm just seeing in little ways that something is happening. In the last decade three new insects have moved into the town I live in.

God, even the Bush administration is coming around, and they are OWNED by big oil!

S4

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Who knows if the earth will end up a big desert or have another Ice Age? I don't think anything is forever, not even humanity or the planet itself. Did you know the moon is moving away from the earth and could someday maybe move so far away the oceans wouldn't be reined in by tides? The sun might explode, too.

But I'm sure there are certainly ways scientists could find to better control any damage to the environment that could cause monumental problems for future generations. But will commerce or the government step it up in time?

Talks of gloom and doom don't really affect changes, and who knows how much change would be necessary to avoid environmental catastrophe, and how much humans could really control.

That's probably why lots of people just want to think God is handling everything, not to worry.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Al Gore, multiply failed US Presidential candidate, says it's warming. And who can dispute this complex science with the likes of a politician?

Didn't he also say he invented the question mark?

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

I interviewed a scientist about this a few weeks ago and wrote about it here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/125818/1.ashx.

The problem is that scientists do not (and can not) really KNOW. So all of the protestations that "everyone" believes this or that are hollow. As the article from 1975 illustrates, "scientists" change their notions of what is going on regarding climate.

The scenario has to do with the fresh water that is hitting the oceans from the melting polar ice caps.

Interesting that the 1975 article was faulting the government for not responding to the impending ice age. One suggestion was to speed up the melting of the ice caps by "painting" them with black soot etc.

Whether the world is warming (today’s scientists) or heading for an ice age (scientists from 1975) it seems that there are precious few facts and plenty of speculation….and implied "ad hoiminum" attacks (for example, scientists who do not agree are not in the know). Needless to say, scientists have been wrong before.

At

http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101041011/story.html it reads:

"

Albert Einstein remarked in 1932 that "there is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable." Thomas Edison thought alternating current would be a waste of time."

What resonates as disingenuous is folks like Al Gore acting as if they "KNOW" such and such.

The final verdict on climate change is far from in….even as the 1975 article illustrates.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

"The final verdict on climate change is far from in….even as the 1975 article illustrates."

True, but you're also talking some 30-plus years ago when that article was written. There has been a wee bit of new technology and research projects done in the last third of a century, and guess what? You might want to take a look at that. It's easy to be a nay sayer on this, though there are fewer and fewer of you, it seems. Even the oil companies are talking about climate change. Maybe all these scientests are getting on to something.

How do they do that? Oh yeah, weigh the evidence.

An earth is a terrible thing to waste, if it can be helped!

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit