Shunning Family Members of DF'd

by VanillaMocha73 9 Replies latest social family

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

So, now my mother's bookstudy conductor is refusing to speak to her. She just moved because she was flooded out of her old home and is now staying with a JW family in a slum duplex. I mean, this lady is offering sub-standard living accomdations (no stove, shower backs up into the kitchen) and saying she is charging ONLY $400 because my mom is anointed. And of course my mom (who was doing a fade after reading Crisis of Conscience and others) is now drug to all the meetings and out in service willy-nilly. Now, the lady she is staying with has reported, apparently, that I do go to visit my mother and she speaks to me. (Horrors). The sister treats me and my husband (non-JW) like trash. Therefore, my mom's new congregation is treating her like df'd. Who ever heard of that? I mean, really!!! I am my mother's only child. My mom's power and heat went out for a week. The sister called downstairs to tell mom that she was checking into a hotel and LEFT. I called after work and mom couldn't breathe because of the cold. It took us two hours to dig her out - had to get around a downed power line and over a tree. And apparently, she should have refused my help and froze to death....

Anyone else's parents get shunned just becuase they don't treat you like dead?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings VanillaMocha73 ,

Wow that's sad. I hope things get better for your mom. Good thing she has you.

Dismembered

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hi Vanilla, sorry to hear your Mum is being treated so poorly. Just about what we've come to expect from this f***ing cult right?

All the best to you.

• juni
    juni

Sorry to hear that. Can you take mom to live w/you? How would she feel about that? If she's already doubting and can see their crap is she willing to take the leap?

Thank goodness she has "wicked" worldly people watching over her. The love that they pride themselves in is for the most part not there.

Wish you and your mom the best.

Juni

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

She left your mom in an uninhabitable home while she went to a hotel? And is her landlady? Is that legal? Call the housing authority. It is an abomination that she would treat an elderly vulnerable person in such a way. And senior services. They should be arrested.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

She is offering my mother a "deal" on a 2 bedroom slum that would "normally" cost $750 to rent - mom is paying like $400. I could not believe she left like that and would truly love to give her a piece of my mind, but she sees me coming and runs like I am the devil. She told my mother that she expects to be attacked by Satan because of my mother staying there (anointed and all). Whatever.... What kills me is that her big mouth is running off telling the congregation how I come to visit and help. Therefore, the elders shun my mother. I have done nothing more than what is the Christian obligation of children towards parents. By their fruits you will recognize them. Hmmm.....

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Why can't your mom just come stay with you until she finds a better place to live on her own? I mean, if they're already treating her like s*it before she even fades, what better can be expected from the bOrg? This is a terrible situation for you both! I agree about reporting the "loving sister" to the Housing Authority. What about city codes and such?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yeah I'm df'd, it puts a lot of pressure on mum, she wasn't flooded, but she likes the melodrama of being forced to have the book study taken away from their house because she came to our wedding.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Greetings and welcome VM73, so much love you can barely stand it, sad how people think because they go around and drop off mags that nobidy wants gives them a license to mistreat people and if they ever read the Bible and especially Jesus life, they would hang their heads in shame. Those that don't love don't know God bc He is love. 1 John 4:8

abr

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Welcome, Vanilla, I'm so sorry for your troubles.

This is terrible - I have seen and personally experienced this same "christian love" from "God's people." My worst landlords ever were a pioneer and ministerial servant couple. I'm sure the treatment was what it was because I was DF'd, but I went into debt over it, and in my opinion, "true christians" or not, had they been decent ethical people they would have treated me differently.

Take care of your mom. You are doing the right thing. Hopefully she will see just how wrong this religion is, by the fruitage of these people shunning her.

Best,

GG/BG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit